Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Saito 150sGK is there a Dr in the house?

Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Saito 150sGK is there a Dr in the house?

Old 08-26-2020, 04:54 AM
Corsec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito 150sGK is there a Dr in the house?

Hello All,
I have a Saito 150sGK that was purchased new by me and installed in a Great Planes Stearman a long time ago, 10+years. I broke the engine in and flew the plane a couple times then life through me a curve and I took about a decade off from flying. The engine sadly was neglected and just stored in the garage full of gunk for that time. Is there any chance its salvageable? Any recommendations for someone that works on these engines that I could send it to? I am not a mechanic, willing to try, but honestly would rather find someone trust worthy. Any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks
Stan
Old 08-26-2020, 06:33 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

on the Saito page you can get a whole team of doctors, and some may not charge you

Welcome to Club SAITO !

Jim
so your a Saito man, buy another one. don't worry we wont tell your wife !
Old 09-03-2020, 08:27 AM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heat it with a heat gun, get it moving again(loose)...put some glow fuel in it ...run it... thats how ive always done my 2s and 4s...
Old 09-24-2020, 07:05 AM
Michaelj2k

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You might want to open up the engine before you do anything else. Most likely if you did not use an after run oil when you last used it, rust and corrosion may have built up inside. This is common to 4 stroke engines that have not been properly stored.