Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Ys 120 sf

Old 12-04-2020, 12:41 PM
fazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ys 120 sf

I have a YS 120 F and have a questiion about the prop drive washer. My washer just easily slips away from the crankcase exposing the key. Is there supposed to be a clip or something else missing that should hold the prop drive washer in place because with this senario the prop washer slipping away so easily during a prop change the crankshalf key can easily fall out. If this happened at the field that could be a problem.

Please see the photos with the washer in and out.
Old 12-22-2020, 06:22 PM
jwalk2c
My Feedback: (47)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fazer View Post
I have a YS 120 F and have a questiion about the prop drive washer. My washer just easily slips away from the crankcase exposing the key. Is there supposed to be a clip or something else missing that should hold the prop drive washer in place because with this senario the prop washer slipping away so easily during a prop change the crankshalf key can easily fall out. If this happened at the field that could be a problem.

Please see the photos with the washer in and out.
Hello,
No there is nothing to hold it in, and thank you for reminding me that I need to order a lost key.
I recently was messing around with my NIB 120 AC.
I heard something hit the floor and sure enough, it must have been that key.
I looked and swept the entire shop and have not found it.
Johnny Walker
Old 12-22-2020, 08:38 PM
fazer

Thanks for the reply. I am looking to sell this engine as new and I don't want to short change the eventual buyer with a possible part missing to hold the drive washer in place.
Old 12-27-2020, 10:16 PM
bob62
My Feedback: (28)

I have a 120f and there is no keeper