Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Nitromethane Cylinder Liner Question & Connecting Rod

Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Nitromethane Cylinder Liner Question & Connecting Rod

Old 02-02-2021, 05:49 AM
vwitte
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitromethane Cylinder Liner Question & Connecting Rod

I removed the cylinder liner from my OS 46AX, 46LA and Thunder Tiger 46 PRO. I noticed the intake and exhaust ports were sharp, and not smoothed out. Would there be any benefit for me to smooth out or round out the intake and exhaust ports with a metal deburring tool or similar tool..... Or would that degrade performance or liner integrity... ?

I was also wondering if the connecting rod on these engines need to be balanced, or does the connecting rod matter?....
Old 02-02-2021, 01:09 PM
706jim

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No need to modify the connecting rod. As for the sleeve, you want the edges sharp where the piston goes; don't round those.
Old 02-02-2021, 01:30 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

^^^ exactly. Rounding those is kind of like changing the duration on a 4 stroke cam.

David