Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Extra 300s .60 ( What engine?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 09:43 AM
Chuey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extra 300s .60 ( What engine?)

I cant figure out what engine size I should put on this plane I know that i want
1.Power
2. 2-stroke

Will a 65 be strong enough or a 70 or so be too much?

I want to be able to go verticle, but i dont want to to weigh the plane down when im landing , thanks for reading!
Old 03-23-2004, 12:03 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Extra 300s .60 ( What engine?)

The Magnum XLS .91 would be a good choice. The OS .91 FX would be fair if you change the needle valve to another brand. There's a new Webra around too that would be pretty nice. There's always been the Super Tiger G90 which I use and really like. All these engines are in a 60 size crankcase and run very well and about the same.

Buy the one that you can get the best deal on but don't forget to factor in the cost of another needle valve assembly for the OS. Maybe the one that is the prettiest?

Enjoy,

Jim
Old 03-23-2004, 05:18 PM
FlyingPilgrim
My Feedback: (26)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, what he said!

(Of course a 4-stroke sure would be better...)

Pilgrim
Old 03-23-2004, 05:29 PM
Chuey

although ive heard alot about 4 strokes being realllly Hard to maintain, And also you might need to know that i dont know much about engines, i know how to get it lean and rich ect, but thats my knowledge eheh
Old 03-23-2004, 07:22 PM
Azcat59

Assuming you are talking about the Gt. Planes Extra 300, I have one with the earlier version Magnum 91 two cycle on it, with a Slimline Pitts style muffler. I am happy with the combination. The new Magnum would be even better I imagine. A Super Tigre 91 would also be a consideration.

Clair
Old 03-24-2004, 08:49 PM
E*nealio
My Feedback: (10)

Ys 1.10 fz
great engine, its the old .91 bored out to handle more power and + how cool is this a supercharger and pump and pressurizes the tank.......WAAAAHOOOOO, great engine, my 1rst 4 stroker and havent had a deadstick yet, perfect engine, kudos to ys.... the only thing i suggest that is hard is all the fuel lines i had to run, t fittings, 1 way valves and all that junk, had about 6 ft of tubing lol and 2 fuel filters, mind that its easy to fuel and empty without taking the dang cowl off my extra, but defineatly the ys 1.10, its pricey but you can get one for around 334 at cheif or central hobbies, great people to order from, good luck
Old 03-27-2004, 05:27 PM
lord lucan

ORIGINAL: Chuey

although ive heard alot about 4 strokes being realllly Hard to maintain, And also you might need to know that i dont know much about engines, i know how to get it lean and rich ect, but thats my knowledge eheh
In reply to E*NEALIO... dont you think the chap should keep things relativly simple for the time being...? regards Dave