Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Books on 4-strokes

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 03:20 PM
Flying Scotsman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Books on 4-strokes

I have a really good, informative book at home on 2-stroke engines which has helped me better understand R/C engines. For the life of me I cannot remember the author but anyway, is there anything similar for 4-strokers?

Thanks
Flying Scotsman
Old 07-15-2002, 03:45 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Books on 4-strokes

There are two books advertised in the back of RC Modeler. One is for pre 91 OS engines, and the other is for pre 95 Saito's.

I know for sure that the OS version has some errors in it that will cause you more problems than what it is worth. So I never bothered to buy the Saito edition. Unless you just want to look at a few pictures, I wouldn't consider either book worth the cost. They need to bring out newer updated editions of these books.

Why don't you just hang out here on rcuniverse? You could also go to www.towerhobbies.com site and strive to find the faq section on engines and read there some. Also there is another web site called something like rcfaq that would have some valuable info in it. You can also get to and read most of the engine manuals here on the web.

Good luck

Jim