Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

How are the "new" Super Tigres?

Old 10-19-2004, 09:03 AM
Blackie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How are the "new" Super Tigres?

ORIGINAL: daven

Yep, the ST .90 is a bit much for a 60 sized plane. I originally had an O.S. Surpass 2 .90 4 stroker in it, and it didn't even compare.
Your joking right? If you are then please excuse me. I think the G90's aren't near enough, I'm not sure which one I have, I purchased my G90 early this year and had to tear into the carb twice with a file to file down the carb piston which caused it to stick twice while in the air thus I had to fly until out of fuel. As far as my G90's power goes its not near the power my OS 91FX has and my OS is sitting on a UCANDO 60 size plane at the weight of 7.6 pounds.

As of right now the G90 is purring right along, but as I stated not near the power my OS 91FX is producing.

Blackie
Old 10-19-2004, 10:25 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Blackie,

I was comparing the G90 2 stroke, to the O.S. Surpass 90 4 stroke.

I have an O.S. .90 FX 2 stroke that does seem to give a bit more power than the Super Tiger, however its not nearly as reliable, and tends to overheat.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:40 AM
Blackie

ORIGINAL: daven

I have an O.S. .90 FX 2 stroke that does seem to give a bit more power than the Super Tiger, however its not nearly as reliable, and tends to overheat.

Can't argue there, how true, had to put a Perry pump and change out the muffler on mine.

I would also go as far as to say that my 91FX out pulls my Saito 100 as well. But that's with 20/20 I'm about to put the saito 100 on 30% for its first time in 3 1/2 years of ownership this weekend.