Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

super tigre 2300

Old 12-17-2001, 12:09 AM
2lo
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default super tigre 2300

i know there is a lot of bad rumors on these engines. i`ve used the smaller ones for years,no problem.then i decided to go to 1/4 scale,bought a couple of these online,did the usual 2gal breakin.didnt notice at first but both had different size carburators (internal barrel dia.)started to dial in the larger sized carb ,couldn`t get a decent transition.yes i think i`ve read all the mods to help.and yes they do help.but what i wanted to say is after some inspection with the carb.i tryed the smaller barreled. nice transition,but not enough top end. for me any way.then i switched spray bars with the two after some dialing in WOW what a difference nice transition and great top end with out a fat midrange!no i haven`t tached it yet,have to wait for some help holding the plane.cant wait to fly it. any how my 2 cents. with the larger diam.barrel carb and the smaller dia. barrel spray bar in the larger one it sure woke this engine up.
Old 12-18-2001, 10:18 PM
desmobob

Default big Tigres

Glad to hear your 2300 is a runner. I have lots of the smaller STs myself, and wanted to try a big one on my first 1/4-scale airplane. I bought an S2000 (25cc) and I'm getting ready to put it on a test stand a give it a go. (I bought a Perry pump carb and regulating pump just in case! )
Old 12-20-2001, 03:09 AM
2lo
My Feedback: (4)

Default super tigre 2300

yeah i too put a pump on mine (unfortunately,now discontinued robart pump.small and works great.)only due to the fact that i put the tank about 12 inches from the carb,in a goldberg sukhoi.tached it with a t/f 16x8 at 9500 great speed but not enough thrust for torque roll. need to try some 18x8`s.with a os f plug and a bisson pitts this is all ive done no dead sticks with a great transition and a low idle.