Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

saito 82 and ys 63 dimensions for PA Edge 540

Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

saito 82 and ys 63 dimensions for PA Edge 540

Old 01-02-2005, 03:52 PM
onthefly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default saito 82 and ys 63 dimensions for PA Edge 540

I have a saito 72 but really want this plane to perform so am trying to decide between the ys 63 and the saito 82. I've read as much as I can find on the difference that readers here say but wonder how the fit will be. I guess that another question is this... For 3D does the wider power band in the saito outweigh the ys' benefit of tank on cg and fuel regulator?
JS
Old 01-02-2005, 04:30 PM
FlyHard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: saito 82 and ys 63 dimensions for PA Edge 540

I just had to make the same choice on a Tuflight 4D. It was a very close call. I am sure either would be very satisfactory. I chose the YS 63 due to it's better fuel draw, instantaneous response and terrific product support. The "the wider power band in the saito " might be true if using large props but not for 3D. In 3D I like light props which spool up fast. I have a number of both Saito and YS's and am happy with all of them. A coin flip might be the best way to select.