Default RE: HELP! with old Webra T4 40

Pauls Model Supply Fargo, ND Ph # 701-237-5814 or www.paulsmodelsupply.com
Old 02-15-2005, 12:30 AM
Motorboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: canadagoose

Thanks Motorboy for all the info.

Today I've confirmed what i thought and it does indeed run in the opposite direction, By the sound of the engine and the way it ran i'd say the valves are timed right.
Glad to read this message, all are very well...

Jens Eirik
Old 02-15-2005, 12:48 AM
Mediaman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hobbsy is right, call Paul at Paul Model Supply,

He's a great guy, you will enjoy talking to him. Today I received the belt for my T4 80 Webra, he got it from God knows where.

My Webra has the carb on the passenger side, and the muffler in the back, the engine is brand new and awesome. It's on a very heavy Four Star 60, it's got decent power and hovers it just a couple seconds. Everyone said it was the ultimate dog, I've flown it six times and love it.

Carlos C
Old 02-18-2005, 09:07 AM
DaveP

Canadagoose-

Looking at my T4-40, with the piston at TDC (Not BDC!) and the cam at the beginning of the intake stroke:
1 - The punch mark on the prop drive washer is at the top (it points to the crankpin). There is no matching mark on the crankcase nose.
2 - The punch mark on the cam gear face is at the top. There is no matching mark on the head.
3 - Looking into the inlet port (on side of head, near front), the bottom half is blocked by the rotary valve, the top half is open into the valve.
4 - Rotating crankshaft further CCW (viewed from front), the intake port opens fully, then finally closes and compression is felt.

I haven't pulled the prop drive washer (Very tight, and don't have proper puller), but from the front it looks like it's on a split collet, but that wouldn't key it to the shaft. Surely there's a key or flat hidden in there? If no key, maybe that's why your drive washer mark is up when at BDC.

There is no engraving beneath the intake port.

This is an old, much-used engine I have not personally run.

-Dave Plumpe
Old 02-18-2005, 10:35 AM
canadagoose
My Feedback: (2)

I completely disassembled mine and pulled the prop driver off and there is no key so someone before must have put it back together wrong including not timing it right either. He probably tried to get it to run and then gave up and then it most likely just sat around unused for quite awhile because the castor had turned to varnish inside the case.
The prop driver on mine was very tight, i had to modify a puller i bought from the store to get it off. This one was on tighter than any one i have tried to get off before.
I had it out on the test stand yesterday and it was running good until the muffler came loose and was sucked into the prop along with the fuel lines. Broke the tip of the prop and put a dent in the end of the muffler but I think i have the low speed needle set about right now, that's one good thing.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:18 PM
John Wayne Martins

Hi, I am searching for some Webra T4 -40 and T4-80 spare parts such as pistions, piston rings, rotary cams, connecting rods, and rotary valves.

James
[email protected]
(805) 984-8420
Old 08-03-2012, 01:25 PM
John Wayne Martins

I am looking for spare parts to a Webra 4 stroke T4-40 or T4-80 such as pistons, piston rings, rotary cams, connecting rods, rotary valves.

James

[email protected]
805-984-8420