Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

The Vmax 52?..Worth the run?

Old 04-02-2005, 08:37 PM
trentos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Vmax 52?..Worth the run?

Hay, Ive recently gave the 'Enya Ss 40" the dump due to lack of compresion, and power.

The plane i fly which is a 3D Profile Bearcat, was a little under-powered with the 'Enya' in it anyway, so i thort it wos a bout time i got a new engine for the Bearcat that i can use to pull out of when hovering.

Ive been looking at the 'Vmax 52', i dont no much bout them but ive seen a few run and they rnt bad. but id still like to know if they r worth the $160 i will be paying for it.

I wos hoping some1 woold hav known somehting bout them or has 1, just to see if they r reliable or not, and worth eting.

Yours trent
Old 04-02-2005, 09:49 PM
tIANci

Default RE: The Vmax 52?..Worth the run?

At my field the rate of failure is about 50%. That is the observation that I have noticed. You decide.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:03 PM
trentos

thats not a very good percentage. do you have any other brands around a 50 size that it woold b worth looking at ?
Old 04-03-2005, 12:18 PM
AMB

If you can get a deal on them the super tigre 51 lots less than OS and a great engine I just bought a tiger shark 56 ringed excellant
quality runs well was $58 US from Kange Industrial USA martin either one should be great martin
Old 04-03-2005, 11:38 PM
tIANci

In all honesty, just get the TT46 but again I have seen that the ST G51 is a very decent engine and so is the MVVS49 (its cheap and works well when there is no cowling, high speed needle is not ready for extension). I am not partial towards the Magnum (I will get flamed for this), seen most of the 40 sized Magnums are not real performers.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:47 PM
CAP232AC
My Feedback: (12)

Okay. This may be a little late for you, but I think the Vmax 52 kicks butt! I have one I bought for a 46 size pattern model and ended up putting it on a Sig profile Ultimate. It pulls it strait up with no problem! This and one more are going into my KMP P-38. This has to be one of my favorite 2-strokes. It was broke in using the instructions to the "T". I 'm glad I bought mine! I also have a ST 46 on a trainer. It's a good engine, but the 52 would eat it alive!
Old 10-31-2005, 10:03 PM
GRANT ED

I have only seen one of these run at my field. Initially it ran well but after a pretty short time it started giving trouble. It would be hard to start and hard to keep in tune. The owner eventually ditched it in favour of an OS 46 AX and is much happier. I too would buy the TT46. They are a great engine, loads of people here can attest to its performance.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:11 PM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

I had one of these. It ran VERY STRONG, until about the 5 or 6th flight, when it went to vmax heaven. So, I sent it in, and after a prompt month and a half, I was returned a brand new one. I never ran it. Instead, I sold it to my dad and he put it on something, and it still runs today--JUST MY LUCK! In fact, it runs really nice. So, as stated before, hit or miss. Remmeber, these are gold tops--possibly MDS knock offs???