Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

First inverted engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 07:12 PM
RC-Captain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First inverted engine

I have read the thread on the inverted twins, but wasn't sure if the info. would apply to a single 2 stroke MAG .28 mounted inverted . Within two days I was able to almost break in my engine. Today I discovered the idle adjustment screw and was able to get the throttle from full up position to about 3 clicks before idle position before the engine flamed out.

(1) should I break this engine in mounted up right ? the instructions made me think it doesn't matter

(2) My needle valve mounts horizontal and vertical , which position works best ?

(3) for inverted , does the type of fuel matter ?

(4) manual states use hot plug , I'm using a A3 OS plug.

(5) is a chrome prop-nut spinner to heavy for this engine ?

(6) the fuel tubing I am using is standard 6mm

(7) I am pissed I didn't get to fly my new plane [>:][:@][&o] .

Thanks guys .
Old 04-17-2005, 09:08 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: First inverted engine

On any inverted engine the fuel tank needs to be lower than the carb line. Most ,if not all arfs are not set up for inverted engines. People inverted the engine, yet leave the fuel tank in its orignal space thus causing nothing but headaches and blaming the engine when it is actually the pilot for not changing it.

You can do what ever you want but if you leave the tank above that carb, your going to spend more time than its worth fooling around with it and yes you can break it in any direction you want too.