Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Anybody try a Chinese Super Tigre yet?

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Anybody try a Chinese Super Tigre yet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 12:27 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RC

Voley: What did you see? I seen a lot about RC. It told about the series of tv shows that will be shown on a outdoor channel. I may have clicked on to the right button.....by mistake.....I will try to find more. I wish someone else woild jump in. I am not to good at this computor stuff. Best Regards Captinjohn
Old 01-17-2003, 05:43 AM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody try a Chinese Super Tigre yet?

Yes I know it's a show about RC stuff. I guess I was expecting to see something specific about Super Tigre, since that's what this thread is about.
Old 01-17-2003, 11:17 AM
cmarsden
My Feedback: (11)

I found one site that shows the "new" Tigres by using google as a search engine. Type in chinese super tigre and you will find it. They appear to look the same (expected) but no hard data on running or prices. One thing I am sure of and it is that the price should go down. Now if the quality is the same we are in business. Love those Tigres
Old 01-17-2003, 12:07 PM
f2racer

Just Engines in the UK seems to have the 45s as well. Even got them in their monthly specials.
Old 01-17-2003, 01:41 PM
IronCross

Anyone have one the know came from China ?. I was wondering if they say China on the side instead of Italy.
Old 01-18-2003, 03:37 AM
Andrew50000

I have tested my .45 ST engine further and as I watch the fuel line coming from the tank to the carb as I progress from idle to full it picks up air in the fuel line? I pulled it out and checked for any nicks in the line and shoved a papertowel under the tank to limit any vibration (the tank is fit in rediculously tight). Could the problem with the erratic advance be the engine shaking it up in the tank during the throttle advance? The tank was quite full. I'm at a loss here? Lastly, a few times if I took it back to idle quickly from full it would gurgle out like it was to rich, but start right back up. what gives!?
Old 01-18-2003, 02:30 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Now the question is, if they are still going to keep charging 'Italian Craftsmanship" prices for Chi-com "Magnum" engines.
Old 01-29-2003, 06:44 AM
Constrictor
My Feedback: (46)

I had all the fun i want with st engines. Swapping os carbs and parts onto the tigres to make them run. Poor quality, rough edges, heavy mufflers and poor throttle response. The sts listed on tower are old ones they cant get anyone to buy. I hope tigres are gone forever and now we have magums taking tigers place as the junk king of engines
Old 01-29-2003, 01:30 PM
adrian-RCU

boooommmmmm!!!
Old 01-29-2003, 01:42 PM
IronCross

What's worng with Magnums. I have a couple of there 4 strokes and they are great. Lots of magnum 2 strokes showing up at the field and guys seem very happy with them. Can't beat there serviice.
Old 01-29-2003, 01:53 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default TIGERS

constrictor: I do not know why you have such bad luck with Supertigers. Everyone I had runs good. You got to understand how to abjust carb. I have a Como ABC 51 that really screams. I broke it in on the more lean side like instructions said. Several of my friends got them at the same time, and did not break the engine in as per directions and the engines ran good ...but not as powerful as mine. I keep the engine looking new cleaning it and oiling the inside quite often. Still like new. And will not part with it. Just missed a deal on a .40 Como on RCU....someone got a deal. If the New ones ever get on the market, I predict they will gain back in popularity. Captinjohn
Old 01-30-2003, 01:36 AM
AmishWarlord

I saw a new Chi-com ST 91 in my LHS the other day. The case looks like crap. Looks like those Russian engines did 10 years ago. The case had all mold makes still on it except where some milling was done. The milling markes where still in the metal. Looks like these engines were pulled out of the mold and assembled with no finishing. Muffler was worse! It looked like it was sand-cast!
Old 01-30-2003, 02:28 AM
IronCross

A chi-com .91 in a local hobby store ?. Someone should tell Tower, they say April now before they are available ?. You would think they would be one of the first to get them being part of the empire and all
Old 01-30-2003, 02:56 AM
AmishWarlord

Tower had some in the must have sold out. I'm not going to be buying any!
Old 01-30-2003, 03:37 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Hmmm

I would imagine when the Chinese SuperTigres do really come out they will look as good as they did before.
Old 02-01-2003, 07:54 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw one today @ our LHS...Looked ok to me...Finish of the case is similar to the Webra .50 and .61Speeds I just got (kinda looks like a glass beaded finish, or a fine sand blasted?) The carb. looks like a traditional ST type...I looked at the G.90, it had the "self ejecting" :-) muffler. He wants 145.00 for it...Just thought I'd toss my $.02 in...
Old 10-28-2020, 09:31 PM
Douglas W

Default G51 ringed

Originally Posted by Jon Wold
You're right, I have an old ST 45 K ABC with a "torpedo" shaped one, and it's so loud it's silly.

That's part of the reason I've been wanting to try the newer ones (I hope they're standard now.)

Here's the one I mean is supposed to be nice and quiet:

Jon
I've got two original motor's 46 and 61 they run consistently excellent with little adjustments the newer 51 made in china has the pipe shaped exhaust and it's really quite sounds good yet quite I'm just beyond break in and my opinion is it's just as good of a runner so i will be hopeful for it's same long lasting consistency
Old 10-29-2020, 04:32 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

At one time I had two ST 51's, an Italian made and a Chinese made one, there was absolutely no difference and there shouldn't be since they moved the machinery from Italy to China. I still have a Chinese made 2300, it has the exact same finish and fit as my 4500 and 3000.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:49 AM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Dave, I am surprised Randy has not bought Super Tiger

Jim
Old 10-30-2020, 07:15 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

A piston ring made for a Chinese G51 won’t fit an Italian G51. The bore of the Chinese .51 is slightly larger than Italian .51. Just one example of them not being identical.