Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Everything Radial Engines

Old 10-11-2010, 06:41 PM
antiquemotor2000
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Everything Radial Engines

Hi Jason,
I am excited looking at your engine and I am getting ready to order one. Can you please clarify a few things for me as I am having some difficulty figuring a few things:
Is this a gas or glow engine. I thought it is gas until someone told me it is glow/
It looks like you did not choose an anodized version. Am I correct? From pictures, both versions appear to have same silver color cylinders and the only difference is the body.
Did you buy any options if any?
Any advice for ordering the engine and perhaps accessories?
Thanks,
DM
Old 10-11-2010, 07:13 PM
JRSmith
My Feedback: (47)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: antiquemotor2000

Hi Jason,
I am excited looking at your engine and I am getting ready to order one. Can you please clarify a few things for me as I am having some difficulty figuring a few things:
Is this a gas or glow engine. I thought it is gas until someone told me it is glow/
It looks like you did not choose an anodized version. Am I correct? From pictures, both versions appear to have same silver color cylinders and the only difference is the body.
Did you buy any options if any?
Any advice for ordering the engine and perhaps accessories?
Thanks,
DM
DM,

The engine is gas, the recommended fuel is 98 Octane and 2% (50:1) synthetic oil.

I did not buy the anodized black one. I prefer the silver one, but the Black is very nice also. You are correct, the only difference is the body/crankcase.

I did order the exhaust ring, software, and USB cable, shorter standoffs and the venturi. Those should be in the mail soon.

The best way to order is through the Web site www.slengines.com Luigi is great to work with. Sometime the translation issue can be a bit of a problem, but not a big deal. I have very impressed with SL Engines and the crew.

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Take care and all the best.

Jason
Old 10-11-2010, 07:34 PM
antiquemotor2000

Hi Jason,
Thanks so much for your prompt reply. I appreciate it.
I have been trying to translate the website slowly.
I will be ordering one very soon. Like you I prefer the silver version. I was also going to order the collector ring. I am not sure yet what plane I will be using this engine. I am rather new in this hobby and not as knowledgable as the rest of you group so please bear with me.
Now I must confess I don't understand the other items that you ordered and why: software, and USB cable, shorter standoffs and the venturi.
If it is not too much trouble, would you please explain them to me so I don't have to reorder and pay more shipping. I assume shipping charges were expensive.
Thanks for your time.
Dan
Old 10-12-2010, 06:31 PM
JRSmith

ORIGINAL: antiquemotor2000

Hi Jason,
Thanks so much for your prompt reply. I appreciate it.
I have been trying to translate the website slowly.
I will be ordering one very soon. Like you I prefer the silver version. I was also going to order the collector ring. I am not sure yet what plane I will be using this engine. I am rather new in this hobby and not as knowledgable as the rest of you group so please bear with me.
Now I must confess I don't understand the other items that you ordered and why: software, and USB cable, shorter standoffs and the venturi.
If it is not too much trouble, would you please explain them to me so I don't have to reorder and pay more shipping. I assume shipping charges were expensive.
Thanks for your time.
Dan
Dan,

Ask as many question as you want. The software and USB cable are not really neaded as the motor is set at the factory. I bought it just in case,...I am kinda a techno junkie so thought I would pick it up. The shorter stand offs were for my application, but as it turns out the stock standoffs put the motor in the perfect position in the Yak. Shipping was about $200.00 US.

I started a new thread just for the SL Engine brand so we can start a single collection point of data on it. Here is the link to the thread.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...m.htm#10064732

Take care.

Jason
Old 10-12-2010, 08:34 PM
antiquemotor2000

Thanks again Jason. I will be ordering one engine as soon as I get some money together. I will reading the other thread and I am sure I will have more questions later.
Take care and all the best,
Dan
Old 10-12-2010, 08:52 PM
jfassino

Here is a link to the Seidel 9-90 running and recorded this weekend. Love the sound and the power.

Jim

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DXhAjTJ5o8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77159.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1515627   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg15149.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1515628   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot47044.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	1515629  
Old 10-12-2010, 09:15 PM
retransit
My Feedback: (18)

Jim,
Do you know if that is a German manufactured unit or is it one that is presently sold out of China and manufactured in India?

Bob
Old 10-12-2010, 09:32 PM
jfassino

Both this Seidel 9-90 and the 7-70 were sold by Hobby King and were manufactured in India. The quality of the engine looks good from what I have seen and observed. My Seidel 7 is as good looking as my Moki 150 if not better.

Jim
Old 10-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: jfassino

Here is a link to the Seidel 9-90 running and recorded this weekend. Love the sound and the power.

Verrrrry nice!!
Old 10-13-2010, 03:53 AM
Radial77

ORIGINAL: fredo

That's great news Sharman, I envy you....I guess I have to wait some more for mine..(something) []

Hey fredo got the moki up and running yet.Make sure youupdate here with pics and break-in video when you fire her up. take care

Sharman.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:58 AM
Maxam
My Feedback: (62)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Jim, well done video of my seidel 9-90! Everyone, that engine is being run with no glow power and idles down to 1000 rpm. Oil content is about 7% (20%castor/80% synthetic) and 7% nitro. The video indicates the owner must loose 20Lbs. []. -Tom Max
Old 10-13-2010, 05:59 AM
fredo

Hey Sharman
I wish it was that easy. I lost all my hopes getting Moki. Don't really know what happened there apparently it got lost!?? I made agreement with Luigi to send me one of his SL150 but they are waiting on parts so I've been pushed back another 2 months. The problem is, I'm in the middle of scratch building 35%Bucker Jungmeister where all my calculations and sizing was geared up for Moki 150. Needless to say my enthusiasm slowly started fading away. With SL150, which is a bit heavier and bigger in diameter (slightly) I have to re-think my project. First of all I don't want to end up with very hight wing loading, so in SL150 case I might have to use it for my next project. I never expected this and I thought this matter would be solved by now.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Carosel43

I posted this on another fourm on here but thought you guys may want a look as well.

Ok just got in from running my Saito's (2 180's andthe 450 radialtoday) and have some numbers for the radial.

Prop-22x10 Master Airscrew wood, scimitar series
Fuel - 5% nitro 18% oil (2% castor)
Outside temp - 13'c or about 54'f
Rpm - Max 6900
Cont 6700
Idle 2000 (no remote glow support and bad low end tuning)
Nva - 2 1/4 turns open for peak power (engine only held this for 6-7 seconds before sounding a little unhappy)
2 1/2 turns open for Continuous power (slightly rich looking at the exhaust smoke/engine sound)

Hope this is of use, i feel the engine has more to come as it would not hold peak power for very long and has only about a gallon through it, compression is improving each run with only No2 cylinder slightly down on the other 2. I also fitted the silencers that came with the saito 150/180 (i had enoughas i stole them from all my engines) and this made the motor alot less clattery and made it sound alot more smooth and chunky.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:32 PM
Carosel43

ORIGINAL: JRSmith

They are available direct from www.slengines.com Excellent product and customer service is very good in my opinion! I started a build thread of my Hempel Yak with the SL150 on FG, check it out underneath the build thread sub forum. i am not sure if I can post a link to another site but here it is... http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=57646 Motor is already mounted in the airframe! Take it easy.

Jason

Went to that site the other day and got nowhere, none of the links seem to work and neither dose the button to make it english! its prices and engine diamiters i am after, im guessing itsa 150cc from the name?
Old 10-13-2010, 06:07 PM
JRSmith

ORIGINAL: Carosel43

They are available direct from www.slengines.com Excellent product and customer service is very good in my opinion! I started a build thread of my Hempel Yak with the SL150 on FG, check it out underneath the build thread sub forum. i am not sure if I can post a link to another site but here it is... http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=57646 Motor is already mounted in the airframe! Take it easy.

Jason

Went to that site the other day and got nowhere, none of the links seem to work and neither dose the button to make it english! its prices and engine diamiters i am after, im guessing its a 150cc from the name?
The SL Engines site is currently under re-construction. If you click on the engine it will pull up the specs. The diameter of the engines is 282mm or 11.10 inches. The price is 2300.00 Euros for the engine. Exhaust ring is extra. Can't remember the price I paid for the ring, I have not got it yet. Yes you are correct it is 150cc. Please check out my SL Engines thread or the Assembly thread of my Yak 55M on FG. If you have any questions please post in my SL engines thread here on RCU or send me a PM, i will be glad to help out. Take care and all the best.

Jason
Old 10-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Radial77

ORIGINAL: Carosel43

Jason

Went to that site the other day and got nowhere, none of the links seem to work and neither dose the button to make it english! its prices and engine diamiters i am after, im guessing itsa 150cc from the name?

PM SLengines direct. They manufacture the engine and Luigi the designer/engineer is active on this thread.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:51 AM
S.L.engines

PUBLIC COMMUNICATION: For further details or communications related to the engines SLEngines, please communicate ONLY with the following email address:
[email protected]
any other communication with different email addresses does not provide the requested information.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:51 AM
S.L.engines

Old 10-15-2010, 06:18 AM
Eagleburger

ORIGINAL: fredo

Wow!.......The eagle has landed
That's a very pretty looking thing, awesome engineering. I wonder what is the equivalent power of a 2 stroke engine. 120cc perhaps?

Looking forward to seeing yours Fredo.

Patrick
Old 10-18-2010, 08:41 AM
retransit

Tom,
I have a video of the ASP 4.00 running in the Fleet .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtHx5LcWHKQ

Bob
Old 10-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Kmot

Bob,

Yeah Baby!!!

AWESOME!!!!

You plane looks sooooo good! The FS-400 you fitted so perfectly to match the airframe, I think it is the best match for this engine I have ever seen.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:04 PM
super puma
My Feedback: (6)

Hi.
I finally got around to build a test stand and start the small Seidel 7-35. It started as soon I had it primed, and ran great. I had a primitive throttle linkage, and it was difficult to hold it steady for idle, but idles low and nice (no rpm) I used a 18-6 prop and 15% nitro. This run was just to start and film the engine, and no testing done (fuel-prop )
I'm very pleased with it and will be looking for a model to use it in . Understand UMS will be at the Chicago model show to sell the engine, will be popular I think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozPiYE2idfc
Old 10-18-2010, 04:22 PM
kivisto

when is the chicago show???
Old 10-18-2010, 07:10 PM
retransit

Thanks Tom.
When I looked at the engine options when I was rebuilding the Fleet I thought the same thing. It all just seemed to fit. Then my wife said she would make the ASP my Christmas present. Life is good!

Bob
Old 10-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Kmot

Hey collectors, check this out. It is pretty awesome.

A "Pratt & Whitney" clock. 23" diameter engine and 47" prop.

I have no affiliation, just think it is cool. I know I cannot post links to the fleabay site so just do a search for "radial engine clock".

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63339.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	1519536  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.