Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Everything Radial Engines

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Everything Radial Engines

That's about what I paid for mine, 4 years ago.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was going through my old rollaway toolbox today looking for some of my specialized precision measuring tools. I have not opened this toolbox in about 5 years. I came across this old button that has been bouncing around in my rollaway for decades.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:20 PM
trainertomi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello

Did you heard somethink about Seidel ????

""Don't loose your time with Seidel Engines. Seidel's company is insolvent! (10/2010) ***********rc-network.de/forum/showthread.php?t=228983""

It is true?????
Old 11-28-2010, 09:41 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Seidel engines are being made and sold via UMS in India. I've received emails from them stating that they are shipping engines and will continue to do so into the future.

FYI there is a deal pending with a Major US Company to distribute the engins..
Old 11-28-2010, 10:10 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

ORIGINAL: BobH

Seidel engines are being made and sold via UMS in India. I've received emails from them stating that they are shipping engines and will continue to do so into the future.

FYI there is a deal pending with a Major US Company to distribute the engins..
Yeaap.. if I knew for certain the 70cc motor would pull a 28lb warbird, id be ordering mine tonigh..but alas, no luck. That company is great planes according to one of the people at ums.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:02 AM
fredo

Yeah, guys if I can advice you, think about your purchase before you buy and go only from trusted sites and stores
so you don't end up like me with SLengines. By the way that site is still running strong as ever, advertising same old
things, Bucker,Moki,SL150....etc. This is just so wrong. It's criminal. Somebody please stop this guy.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:03 PM
BobH

Tom, I'm pretty sure the engine will pull the FW190. I have a Saito 300 in my Sis-T. I haven't flown it but I have seen vids of the play flying with that same engine. The Sis-T is pretty heavy too.. probably over #25.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:11 PM
invertmast

Bob, are ou referring to the 5 cyl pr 3cyl saito radial? Weight of my 190 would be about 28lbs with the seidel. Do you have links of tghose videos? I've tried looking, and only ever find ground runs.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:22 PM
BobH

Here's a 27 lb FW with a Laser 300 twin which is no powerhouse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_W_v...eature=related
Old 11-30-2010, 02:33 PM
redball8
My Feedback: (128)

The Seidel 770 hauls this Pacific Aeromodels Gee Bee Y just fine - I'd guess 26 lbs or so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGSP1...eature=related

RB8
Old 11-30-2010, 07:13 PM
invertmast

Well, I bought a seidel, should be here Thursday.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:27 PM
BobH

Bought from?? Inquiring minds (mine) wants to know.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:46 PM
SLegines

ORIGINAL: Kmot

Re: SL Engines

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10108565

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10108591

I think maybe Luigi got the short end of the stick. Anyway, it seems he is back up:

http://www.slengines.com/index_en.html

Absolutely I'm not dead !!!!!! I'm drawing the whole new range of engines SL and I'm producing them directly. In this way companies like PRM I do not care anymore. This is the price you pay for too trusting of people. Radial engines only produce as much gasoline prices that no manufacturer will be able to Starmie behind. This is my promise. For the new summer season, the whole new range of 150cc and over 400 and maybe even a 100cc.

But I chose not to stay more in the forum is not worth it !!!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 11:51 PM
SLegines

ORIGINAL: fredo

Yeah, guys if I can advice you, think about your purchase before you buy and go only from trusted sites and stores
so you don't end up like me with SLengines. By the way that site is still running strong as ever, advertising same old
things, Bucker,Moki,SL150....etc. This is just so wrong. It's criminal. Somebody please stop this guy.

Try to drink less and be careful what you say because most things even worse. If your engine and I'm gone I'll give you a new one without problems as soon as ready. But if you continue to behave so out of spite will not give you anything
You're using words that are very heavy and I will remember this forever.
Wish you were here to see what really happened then you'd realize that criminals are others. But I swear that one day you will regret what you said. As the new SL range will be ready to send you the SL150 engine No. 1.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:15 AM
PRMEngines

Fredo,
I'm trying to stop him ....
150cc, 250cc, 400cc, 100cc, ALL IN A FEW MONTHS! This man is a magician! AH AH
Old 12-01-2010, 01:46 AM
SLegines

ORIGINAL: PRMEngines

Fredo,
I'm trying to stop him ....
150cc, 250cc, 400cc, 100cc, ALL IN A FEW MONTHS! This man is a magician! AH AH

You are a magician and you know why? Because the radial engine modeling in Italy I put them on the market you only have I stolen ... my job. But fortunately, many people know well in Italy and asked me to never stop ....

Wait laugh when those to whom you sold the engines to find the problems on your engine bearings. Bushings glued with loctite laugh then ..... not. And we see what will happen when will notice request will have to send it because it has a lot of problems. Hahahahaha!!

But why not keep doing bille truck like you did before you are better hahahahahaah .!!!!!!

You are a child who has yet to grow up !!!!!

At least if you copy a copy learns good !!!!!!
Old 12-01-2010, 01:58 AM
fredo

ORIGINAL: SLegines

ORIGINAL: fredo

Try to drink less and be careful what you say because most things even worse. If your engine and I'm gone I'll give you a new one without problems as soon as ready. But if you continue to behave so out of spite will not give you anything
<span title='''' yc=''You're using words that are very heavy and I will remember this forever.'' xc=''Stai usando parole molto pesanti e di questo mi ricorderò sempre.'' closure_uid_cy5l4a=''1646'' style=''background-color: #ebeff9''>You're using words that are very heavy and I will remember this forever.
<span title='''' yc=''Wish you were here to see what really happened then you'd realize that criminals are others. '' xc=''Vorrei che tu fossi qui per vedere cosa è veramente successo allora ti renderesti conto che i criminali sono altri.'' closure_uid_cy5l4a=''1647''>Wish you were here to see what really happened then you'd realize that criminals are others.
But I swear that one day you will regret what you said. As the new SL range will be ready to send you the SL150 engine No. 1.
Luigi, I don't want to inflamate this forum. If you didn't lie to me everything would be normal. I gave you 2080Euro because I trusted you. You never had a Moki. You never sent anything. You lied.
This doesn't belong to this hobby. And you still have a nerve to come here make big promisess and threaten at the same time. You are kidding me right? How could anybody trust you.
Then you said you will refund me and asked me for my bank details. OK, I gave it to you. Then you sent me email back where you stated that I make you laugh.
I hope people can read this before it gets shut down.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:41 AM
fredo

Sorry folks about all this. It shouldn't be here. We better talk about radials.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:03 AM
PRMEngines

I'm perfectly okay, people are not interested in the private matters.
Good faith and good products will be judged by time.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:12 AM
SLegines

Soon I will put online all he has done this dishonorable person trying to steal my ideas, projects and years of work, a person who hates the model they try to make money with you. But the model does not interressa nothing. He dies slowly who invented cloning engines Projects people like me. Copy and easy when everything ready .... but we'll see over time what rouscirai to hide the truth !!!!!

Then I redeem.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:13 AM
BobH

On a happier note.. a lil advice if you please. I was looking at the Technopwoer 9C for my 1/4 WWI planes. The engine is the perfect size and the correct number of cylinders. True its not a Clegert etc but it's not bad. The other option is a Seidel 7-70. It's about 1lb heavier but more powerf (not that I'll need the extra power). IT's also cheaper but requires I blend my own fuel. Both sound pretty good. The technopower isn't as "radial" sounding as the Seidel but in this case thats not a bad thing. The Clegerts etc werent radial sounding either.
My concern is heat. Especially for the Techno. Mark from Techno said that that could be an issue in the WWI cowls. I think proper exits via the firewall etc. should fix that but I'd hate to make a large investment and then be disappointed.

Recommendations and comments are welcome.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:50 AM
rcten

BobH, Hi, I run a techno 7B in a sig Waco, the cowl is fully closed except for an openning formed at the fire wall bottom and have not seen any heating problems, even when extended idling on ground. Enclosed acouple of pic's. Pic's won,t upload 'Internal server error' msg., sorry.

Rcten
Old 12-01-2010, 09:21 AM
BobH

RC, thank you. I suspect that heating won't be a real problem if delt with properly. I must say that Mark of Techno isn't the worlds greatest salesman but that's ok. lol
Old 12-01-2010, 11:17 AM
rcten

BobH, Mark is a straight forward and up front person, he'll give you all the info you want and then some, just give him a serial number of a Techno engine and he'll tell you the who,what,where, the good,the bad, the plus's and minus's of that engine. I have a 9B also, one of 7 that were stroked out to 3.0cu.in., they are normally 2.5cu.in. The point is before plunking down the money he gave me the lowdown on both and he has been right on, both are gems and run great., would love to have the new 9C. Trying to upload photo's but they keep coming up to large, went thru this once before we'll try again later.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:47 AM
BobH

Rc, Yes I agree 100% Mark tells you straight up, thats for sure. It's just that he seemed to be leary about me putting one of the Techno engines in a WWI Cowl. I'm guessing that he didn't want me to have issues and then turn around and blame him.. which I wouldn't ... but I do understand.

So I take it that you are pretty happy with the Techno engines.. ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.