Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Everything Radial Engines

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 11:50 AM
rcten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Everything Radial Engines

Photo upload , take number 3! Don't understand, they keep coming up to large.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76844.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	1528804   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af88450.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	1528805  
Old 12-01-2010, 12:06 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Great looking engine! thank you for posting..
Old 12-01-2010, 06:27 PM
radial1951

[/quote]

Luigi, I don't want to inflamate this forum. If you didn't lie to me everything would be normal. I gave you 2080Euro because I trusted you. You never had a Moki. You never sent anything. You lied.
This doesn't belong to this hobby. And you still have a nerve to come here make big promisess and threaten at the same time. You are kidding me right? How could anybody trust you.
Then you said you will refund me and asked me for my bank details. OK, I gave it to you. Then you sent me email back where you stated that I make you laugh.
I hope people can read this before it gets shut down.
[/quote]

RATS. I missed all the juicy postings and replies from Luigi and Diego. Must have been hot for them to disappear so quickly...

GO FREDO !! Just remember, WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND... One Day...

Old 12-02-2010, 02:38 AM
trainertomi

Old 12-03-2010, 09:41 PM
fredo

You didn't miss much. He came like a tsunami to this forum after what I wrote. The rest of it doesn't matter. It's good that the majority was wiped off anyway. This type of discussions are bad for the forums because it destroys good spirit and usually drives people out of forum but sometimes I think people have the right to know what's happening around, that not everything is always as it seems. I'm sure Diego will recover his business and continue to produce those beautiful radials. That's basically, what we all are dying to see.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:12 AM
trainertomi

hi

comes hobbyking forum: "Don't loose your time with Seidel Engines. Seidel's company is insolvent! (10/2010) ***********rc-network.de/forum/showthread.php?t=228983"

but nobody give me correct information about Seidel insolvent... I sent the money yesterday for UMS Technologies, and I can just hope the engine will arrive soon. I keep kontact with mr. K.Mukunthan he promis me I can put them under the tree, thats all nothing else I can do if I want one I must trust....
Old 12-04-2010, 01:57 AM
Linkan2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi trainertomi

I sent the money November 7 till UMS.
Ums post the engines in December (Christmas)
Lars   
Old 12-06-2010, 04:23 AM
SLegines

ORIGINAL: radial1951
Luigi, I don't want to inflamate this forum. If you didn't lie to me everything would be normal. I gave you 2080Euro because I trusted you. You never had a Moki. You never sent anything. You lied.
This doesn't belong to this hobby. And you still have a nerve to come here make big promisess and threaten at the same time. You are kidding me right? How could anybody trust you.
Then you said you will refund me and asked me for my bank details. OK, I gave it to you. Then you sent me email back where you stated that I make you laugh.
[/quote]

RATS. I missed all the juicy postings and replies from Luigi and Diego. Must have been hot for them to disappear so quickly...

[/quote]

I remind you all that the fate of the Moki is a private sale between me and Fred and shall not enter into SL engines. However, Diego is actually responsible for all you scum. Skilful plagiarist and dishonest man who tried to take over the company .... me by ensuring raconte things to his advantage ... but soon the truth will surface. Fredo I promised a new engine and something more is waiting for the time that person also hit in the engine lost.
This write it here because everyone knows.

Luigi
Old 12-06-2010, 06:28 AM
radial1951

ORIGINAL: SLegines

ORIGINAL: radial1951

[/quote]

I remind you all that the fate of the Moki is a private sale between me and Fred and shall not enter into SL engines. However, Diego is actually responsible for all you scum. Skilful plagiarist and dishonest man who tried to take over the company .... me by ensuring raconte things to his advantage ... but soon the truth will surface. Fredo I promised a new engine and something more is waiting for the time that person also hit in the engine lost.
This write it here because everyone knows.

Luigi

[/quote]

Well I'm sorry to see you say that, Luigi. But that Moki WAS NOT A PRIVATE SALE. It was, and still is(?) for sale on your SLEngines web site. If I remember correctly, you also offered the Moki in a post on this forum in the name of SLEngines. THE NAME YOU STILL USE HERE.

So please don't try and tell me ..."the fate of the Moki is a private sale between me and Fred and shall not enter into SL engines."

All of this was long before anyone here even knew there was a "partner". I would say you promoted the idea that you were the sole owner of SL Engines. Very impressive...

So please tell me, what difference is it if the sale of the Moki was "private" or "business" ?Fredodid pay you for it... Why don't you simply send Fredothat Moki you have for sale on your website?? The one you are offering with the Bucker. In the name of SLEngines...

Regards, radial1951
Old 12-06-2010, 06:47 AM
JRSmith
My Feedback: (47)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

"I remind you all that the fate of the Moki is a private sale between me and Fred and shall not enter into SL engines. However, Diego is actually responsible for all you scum. Skilful plagiarist and dishonest man who tried to take over the company .... me by ensuring raconte things to his advantage ... but soon the truth will surface. Fredo I promised a new engine and something more is waiting for the time that person also hit in the engine lost.
This write it here because everyone knows. "

Luigi

And now we (customers) are being referred to as scum. Bad mouthing the very people that spent a lot of money with you is not going to help the situation either. Talk is cheap and actions speak louder than words! Man up!

Jason
Old 12-06-2010, 07:14 AM
SLegines

ORIGINAL: JRSmith

"I remind you all that the fate of the Moki is a private sale between me and Fred and shall not enter into SL engines. However, Diego is actually responsible for all you scum. Skilful plagiarist and dishonest man who tried to take over the company .... me by ensuring raconte things to his advantage ... but soon the truth will surface. Fredo I promised a new engine and something more is waiting for the time that person also hit in the engine lost.
This write it here because everyone knows. "

Luigi

And now we (customers) are being referred to as scum. Bad mouthing the very people that spent a lot of money with you is not going to help the situation either. Talk is cheap and actions speak louder than words! Man up!

Jason
I regret every day for having allowed you to our customers to have a direct line to me.

This does not happen again.

The way you believe some people are good at lying I am only penalty.
I'm sorry for you all but you will never advice it other than me.
Even if one day my request will be the best radial engines sold the world.

And I can assure you that this will happen !!!!!

Old 12-07-2010, 03:11 PM
BobH

I spoke with someone who's about 30 miles away and is a new radial eng MFG.

His first engine is a 9-90..5.5cui engine.. they will become available very soon. The engines are entirely made of bar stock with no castings. He's going to call me so I can visit him and have a look at his engine within the next few days.

Also I've included some pictures from the Chicago show.

Name:	He97367.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	1531481   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98488.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	1531482   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz81047.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	2.86 MB
ID:	1531483  
Old 12-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, being made in India it appears:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_QRXT0iGjw
Old 12-07-2010, 07:56 PM
gkamysz
My Feedback: (19)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, he told me it's made in India.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:32 PM
77chickenhawk

did he have a E.T.A on availability? and or pricing? what I would love is someone to sell a complete kit. you buy and assemble. surely it should bring the cost down
Old 12-08-2010, 07:51 AM
BobH

The ETA is supposed to be today for his first copy. Price I think will be about 2100 or so...It's more expensive than some others (Seidel) because this engine is all CnC'd.. no cast parts.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

$2100 ain't bad. Just think how much it would cost if it were manufactured in Germany, Japan, or the USA.

I wonder who else might be going to India for their productions?
Old 12-08-2010, 09:30 AM
77chickenhawk

unfortunately this radial is a bit bigger than the 7-70. i'm staying in the 1/5th scale range so the 7-70 is about the biggest diameter i can go.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:49 AM
BobH

The engine can be used without the valve covers and that makes it about 230mm. At least that's what I was told during my conversation with Antonio.

There is alse a 5 cyl on the way..53cc size and smaller.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:21 AM
N99JH
My Feedback: (66)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi All

I never posted here before even though I have been visiting this thread frequently. I love radials and had a German Seidel 9 cylinder in the past. Today I bought this engine on fleabay and wanted to share with you.

Joshua

Name:	Om33011.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	1532529   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98908.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	1532530   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va71517.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	1532531   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ys49420.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1532532  
Old 12-10-2010, 12:40 PM
77chickenhawk

very nice! twin distributors on gas. now thats what we need to get our hand on to buy
Old 12-10-2010, 12:58 PM
N99JH

The engine was built by Wally Warner who was the owner of Technopower for many years. Here is the description that accompanied the engine on fleabay:

This is a custom built radial engine containing more detail than I've ever seen in an operating model.

Dual spark ignitionpressure lubricationscavenger pumpa real intake manifold. No feeding fuel thru the crankcase. Actually any feature found on a full size engine is reproduced in 1/4 scale

Bore is 1.25 stroke 1.375-almost 8.5ci disp. Dia 12" weight 5.5lb. Fuel is gasoline.

The engine has been run in a lathe to check oil pump function, valve operation and to build up compression( which 'by the way is very good).

Ign timing is set. Valve timing is modest10/30 &30/10

This is the fourth radial like this to be built and may be the last
Old 12-10-2010, 08:44 PM
stevesak
My Feedback: (27)

After he sold the TechnoPower brand some time ago to Elmer L., Wally later started the Replica engines brand which included 1/4 scale Gnome rotaries, an Offy, ford flathead, olds aurora, Harley knucklehead and another 8 cyl vee motor of which the name escapes me at the time (shame on me!)

His son, Scott still runs the replica company today too selling the gnomes and auroras.

Wally also built a 4 cyl 1/4 scale fairchild caminez too, but I only know of one in existence. (I think that Paul knapp has it).

That should be a good purchase, that 5 cyl!

OK... It was an OX-5. That 8 cyl.
Here's a very nice article about replica engines....
http://machinedesign.com/article/gullivers-engines-0622
Old 12-11-2010, 04:25 AM
N99JH

Thanks for all the enlightening information Steve.
I am wandering why commercial outfits do not seem to follow Wally's example of producing Lost Wax castings for major parts like Crankcases and Jugs. It is probably cheaper than machinning from bar stock and can cut substanially on manufacturing time and therefore reduce the final cost. I realize that the market is small but do believe that if 5, 7, and 9 radials could be offered at a range of $1500 - 2500 there may be enough market to sustain continous production.
The biggest missing point in my opinion with radials like Saito is two fold:
1. Wrong Bore/Stroke ratios. The hallmark of full scale radials in Long Stroke which produces high torque at low rpm.
2. Running on methanol - expensive, messy and prone to rust.
Personal observation: The cost difference of making a 5 cylinder radial as opposed to a 7 or 9 cylinder versions using common parts such as jugs, pistons, valves etc. is not so big as to justify the big difference in asking price as reflected by companies such as Moki or Technopower. Commonality should and could reduce manufacturing cost considerably bt my impression is that many innovative companies do not adhere to sound business approach all too well.
Just my 2c.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:27 AM
BobH

I believe there are a few decent reasons for using methanol over gas. One is the availability or lack there of of carburators. Walboro is the most common Mfg for small gas engines. Getting one to fit the needs of a designed engine is not so easy as it may sound. Especially if the engines are in the low volume of production nunbers.
The other is power. Meth produces more power than gas. So you can have the same sized engine that produces more Hp. A decent consideration until you get into the larger engines.
One last consideration.. space and efficiency. Long stroke, low rpm engines take up room. Cowl size even at 1/4 scale can be about 10 inches i diameter.. not so big. Secondly prop efficiency. A low rpm prop, while seemingly ideal just doens't produce the power as the full sized one. So you need more rpms.. its just the way it is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.