Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Everything Radial Engines

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 04:10 PM
kivisto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Everything Radial Engines

JF very cool set up, keep updates coming on the beast!!!

Old 07-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Dad_Roman

ORIGINAL: kochj

Anyone look at the Conversion of EURO to Dollar..?

If you do the Conversion for that SL engine, that is VERY NICE price
I believe I just said that (its cool, you've been gone).....and yea, Im watchin VERY closely!
Old 07-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's here...........

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LNZVB2&P=G
Old 07-02-2010, 05:28 PM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How many did you order Tom :-)

And for those who have not seen it in action yet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvK4ocBLNzk
Old 07-02-2010, 06:18 PM
rcdude7
My Feedback: (264)

ORIGINAL: Kmot

It's here...........

The price.......$3499.99 [&o]

Little high, but really not suprised. Hopefully it will have a well thought out intake system that does not starve the upper and flood the lower cylinders.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Cybertom

S.L. Engines,

Do you have a drawing of the engine showing the external dimensions? Prospective buyers need to determine how to fit it in their aircraft. In addition. It would be nice to see the internal components either photographs or some kind of assembly drawing. Robart displays all of the R780 internal components on their website along with a 3-view drawing showing external dimensions, mounting bolt locations and so forth.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Dad_Roman

Who can tell me the shaft dimensions on the 7-70? dia.x pitch

Thanks
Old 07-02-2010, 08:53 PM
SOUTHERNX

Hi Guys,I have been waiting for 3 months for a Seidel 250 petrol(gas) radial from Swift Models in England.I paid fot it 3 months ago,but they informed me they were waiting for ignitions to come from Germany, and later on they informed me they were coming from India.Today they tell me the ignitions delays have been caused by UMS,and should arrive by the end of July.I have asked for a refund, as I feel as though I am supporting bad buisness procedures.Iam very interested in SL Engines 150 gas engine,as its power output is almost as good as the 250 Seidel. Does anyoneknow how this is achieved,is it longer stroke with more torque,or is the engine more efficient,(I notice it uses a very low gas/oil mix)? Mark.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Kmot

ORIGINAL: SJN

How many did you order Tom :-)

None, but if I ever win a big lottery prize I will buy one each of every model radial engine available.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:55 AM
Radial power

ORIGINAL: Kmot

It's here...........

I think (and hope) that this price is the usual Tower hobbies "preorder price". If I'm not mistaken, the OS FS-200 FI (which is not listed anymore on Tower) first appeared with a 1800$ price tag, that was suddently lowered to 1200$ just before becoming available. A 33% price reduction. [8D]

If they follow the same policy with this engine, its price should be lowered at least to 3000$, maybe even 2800$ by the time it becomes available.

At least I hope so.

Radial.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:22 AM
S.L.engines

ORIGINAL: Cybertom

S.L. Engines,

Do you have a drawing of the engine showing the external dimensions? Prospective buyers need to determine how to fit it in their aircraft. In addition. It would be nice to see the internal components either photographs or some kind of assembly drawing. Robart displays all of the R780 internal components on their website along with a 3-view drawing showing external dimensions, mounting bolt locations and so forth.

The motors are available from July 30 due to oxidation and external that we are making do.
Me just finished editing put online pictures of internal parts assembled and singoei.
This is a 2D drawing with measures that are already available on the following link:

http://www.slengines.com/constellation_en.html

He is currently the only engine of 150cc with a 215cc performance on the market is completely enclosed and lubricated.

We apologize for the lack of specific data, because our site is still under construction.

S.L.engines

Luigi and Diego

Old 07-03-2010, 05:01 AM
S.L.engines

ORIGINAL: SOUTHERNX

Hi Guys,I have been waiting for 3 months for a Seidel 250 petrol(gas) radial from Swift Models in England.I paid fot it 3 months ago,but they informed me they were waiting for ignitions to come from Germany, and later on they informed me they were coming from India.Today they tell me the ignitions delays have been caused by UMS,and should arrive by the end of July.I have asked for a refund, as I feel as though I am supporting bad buisness procedures.Iam very interested in SL Engines 150 gas engine,as its power output is almost as good as the 250 Seidel. Does anyoneknow how this is achieved,is it longer stroke with more torque,or is the engine more efficient,(I notice it uses a very low gas/oil mix)? Mark.

The radial engines are born with a great power at low speed to bring large-diameter propellers or very big step.

In order to achieve this the cylinder must have a long run that is 23-33% from the bore.

This factor on radial engines city.The important. The Moki 15 has a stroke and a 50% 'which bore 50% and under. Would not it be a motor car and not plane.

In most radial engines had a low rpm and that's what we tried to do. In this way we can put propellers and very generous with a speed very realistic.

Our recent tests demonstrating that with a 32X10 our SL 150 has reached 4500 rpm with 19 pounds of traction. But with the 30x12 to 5200 rpm without exceeding 21kg problems with an engine weight of 4600gr. and its unit 600g.
28X14 we have reached with the 4700rpm drive and over 23kg. and 4920 rpm with 28x12 and 23kg of traction.
But then you see that you prefer to pull his plane.

This is the true philosophy of the second radial engines SLengines

Flights to all good.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Cybertom

S.L. Engines,
I'm sorry but I tried both links and I'm not finding any 2D drawings. From you post it looks like you had a problem getting the right path in one your links. Both links currently point to the same 150 engine photo and video location. I will look around your website more and try to find the 2D drawings.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:09 PM
77chickenhawk

what is the diameter with valve covers off?
Old 07-03-2010, 05:53 PM
S.L.engines

ORIGINAL: Cybertom

S.L. Engines,
I'm sorry but I tried both links and I'm not finding any 2D drawings. From you post it looks like you had a problem getting the right path in one your links. Both links currently point to the same 150 engine photo and video location. I will look around your website more and try to find the 2D drawings.

The designs in 2D are not yet published but you can find the measures in the specifications.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:56 PM
S.L.engines

ORIGINAL: 77chickenhawk

what is the diameter with valve covers off?

The total diameter can be found in the technical data and comuque and 282mm
Old 07-04-2010, 10:23 PM
wheels

Another good lesson learned....... When buying high-dollar, difficult to repair items, instead of being greedy and trying to save a few bucks by purchasing second hand from a stranger online, suck it up and go pay retail so that you get the distributor support and warranty that large purchases from well known vendors come with......

I bought my 4.50 second hand from a guy who swore he only bench ran it, now.... after approximately an hour of rich running on MY bench and 5 rich flights I've got bad bearing play and noise.

I know I'll spend every penny that I "saved" and much more to get a good running motor now, not to mention that here in Canada we have a short comfortable flying season and the flying time I'll lose is signifigant.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Dad_Roman

Ouch wheels...I believe I might reopen a line of communication with him about it

Questions for new Seidel owners..........

1. Whats the shaft size? ....anybody know?
2. What are you lubing your valvetrain with?
3. Were your rocker arms loosened for shipment? .....or were your valves properly adjusted?

My engine took such a lick in shipping that the wooden box cracked and it knocked a c-clip off one side of a rocker arm pivot. It was in the bottom of the box though. Also knocked/jarred that pushrod out.

I havent put the feeler gauge on them yet but my rocker arms seem loose as a goose...weird.

Looks magnificent though.

Maxam....how is yours doing?
Did you pull the cover to make sure it was clean inside?

Thanks
Old 07-04-2010, 11:51 PM
HornetFitter
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Dad_Roman

Ouch wheels...I believe I might reopen a line of communication with him about it

Questions for new Seidel owners..........

1. Whats the shaft size? ....anybody know?
2. What are you lubing your valvetrain with?
3. Were your rocker arms loosened for shipment? .....or were your valves properly adjusted?

My engine took such a lick in shipping that the wooden box cracked and it knocked a c-clip off one side of a rocker arm pivot. It was in the bottom of the box though. Also knocked/jarred that pushrod out.

I havent put the feeler gauge on them yet but my rocker arms seem loose as a goose...weird.

Looks magnificent though.

Maxam....how is yours doing?
Did you pull the cover to make sure it was clean inside?

Thanks
2. I am using Techniplate prior to each run. A drop on either end of each push rod and another on the rocker is all it takes.
3. The valve lash was not set when I rec'd it. I usually check them all each run and find one or two that need adjustment. I think this will settle down after break in is complete.
My shipping/ storage box was broken too. I also had a circlip missing and could not find it. I went to the local motorcycle shop and picked up a bunch... They were so impressed with the engine, they did'nt even charge me for 'em.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:38 AM
SOUTHERNX

Hi All, Hobby King has the 9 cyl Seidels in stock(6 when I looked) If they were gas powered I would be hooked, but after my Saito325 and 450 purchases last month from Advantage,I'm all glowed out, I would have to buy methanol by the tanker load!!
Old 07-05-2010, 07:11 AM
super puma
My Feedback: (6)

Hi,
Look at the pictures of the older Seidel 996 I got second hand, It had been run a bit, but that is not the problem. If fuel with nitro are left in your engine it will corode the bearings while in storage, even if the engine are used onley once.
As you can see it was full of rusty goop, also globs of grease left inside to harden, must be hardend oil from the fuel. The rings was also stuck, and had to be pried loose carefully, heat gun helps to loosen the grease, I broke one, and got a new one from Seidel.
After the fix It ran wery nice, now I use lots of after run oil, try not to use nitro on last run, and syntetic oil ,that hopefully will not gum up.
I also got a OS 240 boxer four used, looked inside, and every bearing was rusty red, replaced all bearings and cleaned it up, runs good now.
I think the worst for an engine is not to run it regularly, after you have first started it.
Also take a look at this german engine builder : http://www.heilemann-sternmotoren.de/index.php?lang=en
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40925.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	1463290   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94215.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	1463291   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm24543.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	1463292   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sm28308.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	1463293  
Old 07-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Kmot

Puma: Thanks for the link to the Heilemann engines! Those are gorgeous looking works of metal art.

I find it very satisfying to see all the different radial engines coming to market now. It is like a renaissance in model engines is going on right now.

As for the rust, holy smokes! Even the high quality metals used in a vaunted German made engine has the ugly rust like we saw in the Sanye engines from China. It only goes to show how important running all the glow fuel methanol out of the engine and then lubricating with after run oil is to keeping the internals from corroding. Thanks for posting the photos.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Dad_Roman

Thanks HornetFitter.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Maxam
My Feedback: (62)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Dad Roman, My seidel has now about 12 tankfuls through it. It runs great! It is not a fuel gobbler. There is a place in town where you can buy methanol from a gas pump with a credit card! I buy a gallon and dilute ordinary glow fuel 1:2 so the oil is 8% and nitro is 7.5%. $2.30 a gallon. My box was not broken but yes I lost a circlip too. They need the foam packing around the whole engine, not just the corners. You can see where the rocker towers hit the box sides. -Tom
Old 07-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Dad_Roman

All good to know....thanks Tom

I was wonderin about your fuel, glad to hear your cutting it with pure

Any particular break-in procedure you used? (the friggen book aint to helpful is it?)

You have to re-do the valve lash on yours too?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.