Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

OS 1.60- Is standard fuel tube large enough?

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

OS 1.60- Is standard fuel tube large enough?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 07:10 PM
stupidaso
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 1.60- Is standard fuel tube large enough?

I am building a plane with an OS 1.60. Having never used this large of an engine, I was wondering if standard fuel tubing will keep up with the demand. Any input would be appreciated.
Stu
Old 08-21-2005, 08:45 PM
JCOKEEFE
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OS 1.60- Is standard fuel tube large enough?

[8D]If you are referring to the OS Gemini 1.60 four stroke, the "standard" diameter
tubing is all that is necessary. I use this size glow fuel tubing on my 1.60.

However, if you are talking about the 1.60 two stroke, I don't have an answer for you.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:01 PM
Harry Lagman

Stu,

My assumption is that you have the FX 1.60 two-stroke single.

There has been a lot of discussion on the fuel tubing required for this engine. The FX 160s I've been around have run perfectly on normal fuel tube, but these engines all had the stock OS-supplied muffler fitted. Guys in the forums have reported that some of the Pitts style mufflers appear to not pressurise the tank sufficiently - the cure in these cases has been to crimp one of the exhaust outlets or to use a pump. Other users report that larger fuel tubing works. I guess, as they say, YMMV.

Just yesterday I helped set up a new FX160 for one of the guys at the field and it ran flawlessly with its stock muffler with standard fuel tubing in an inverted installation.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:42 PM
Ed

ORIGINAL: stupidaso

I was wondering if standard fuel tubing will keep up with the demand. Any input would be appreciated.
Stu
It has been for me. If you can richen it up beyond rich, then standard is big enough.
Of course the IMAC'ers who mount their tanks way back on the CG will come along and tell you something now, but for sport flying, with the tank directly behind the firewall, standard is big enough.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:44 AM
stupidaso
My Feedback: (14)

Yes, it is a 2-cycle single 160. I failed to specify, I forgot about the 4cycle twin.
The tank is against the firewall, and I will be using the stock muffler. I will continue to build as originally planned with the engine horizontally mounted and standard fuel tubing.

Thank you so much for the help!

Stu