Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Welcome to Club SAITO !

Old 07-04-2015, 04:23 AM
  #29626  
spaceworm
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Guilford, CT
Posts: 3,950
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SigMan View Post
after 10 years Saito just purchased Club Saito for 1.5 Million. Thank you !
???????
Sincerely, Richard
AMA 861960
Club Saito #635; Saito 56, 100, 120abc, 130T, 180
Old 07-04-2015, 09:53 AM
  #29627  
SrTelemaster150
Senior Member
 
SrTelemaster150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Brasher Falls, NY
Posts: 3,904
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SigMan View Post
after 10 years Saito just purchased Club Saito for 1.5 Million. Thank you !
They should have spent the $$$ on developing an FG-90R3 W/the improved induction and a methanol version FA-530R3 W/CDI standard.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:55 PM
  #29628  
FNQFLYER
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cairns, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,053
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Gee popey, I was wondering why you like warm alcohol? Only poms like warm beer, so you can see why I made that mistake. On the football thing, if I read it right drugs were involved and that is not good at all. BTB re booze it is that cold up here at present I don't need a fridge in the shed the o/nite temps are so low that the drinks stay cold for most of the day. Off to the field catch ya later.
Old 07-04-2015, 03:43 PM
  #29629  
Rudolph Hart
 
Rudolph Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Perth, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 4,383
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by spaceworm View Post
???????
Sincerely, Richard
AMA 861960
Club Saito #635; Saito 56, 100, 120abc, 130T, 180
Moderators?? or is sigman off his rocker and it's just a big legpull.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:54 AM
  #29630  
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)
 
FlyerInOKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 13,731
Received 172 Likes on 157 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by the pope View Post
Your not a true drinker unless you drink warm grog !
You can't fool me I owned a British sports car once! I know the only reason Englishman and Australians drink warm beer is because you have Lucas refrigerators!!!
Old 07-06-2015, 10:02 AM
  #29631  
spaceworm
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Guilford, CT
Posts: 3,950
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC View Post
You can't fool me I owned a British sports car once! I know the only reason Englishman and Australians drink warm beer is because you have Lucas refrigerators!!!
"Lucas, Prince of Darkness" I owned AH, MG, Triumph, Austin; maybe twenty in all over the years. I developed night vision because of Lucas

Sincerely, Richard
Old 07-07-2015, 04:09 AM
  #29632  
Rudolph Hart
 
Rudolph Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Perth, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 4,383
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

You guys are lucky! i was ridin british motorcycles at the time,at night,how stupid is that?

Okc there ain't no one in the world don't know you are right friend.Trev do you think popey will eventually begin to halluicenate(sp) if he continues with the warm beer,would it be safer to confine yourself to the shed and run a high nitro saito?
Old 07-07-2015, 08:57 AM
  #29633  
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)
 
FlyerInOKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 13,731
Received 172 Likes on 157 Posts
Default

Triumph, Norton, Einfield, and Vincent (my dream machine) now those were real bikes!
Old 07-07-2015, 09:22 AM
  #29634  
AeroFinn
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Turku, FINLAND
Posts: 305
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Guys,

This may not be totally Saito related but still:

I have a prop safety nut which is 13mm. Now the prop hole of my APC 20X8 Sport prop is 10mm. I'm sick of driving to a workshop and payming 20 each time I need to enlarge hole in a prop.

So can I just buy a prop hand reamer to enlarge the hole from 10mm to 13mm? Which type of a reamer should I buy? a tapered one or stepped one?

Any recommendations for a good quality one?

I'm willing to pay a fair price for a good quality tool that centers the hole properly to use with my wooden & APC props.

Thanks,

Artto
Old 07-07-2015, 12:44 PM
  #29635  
captinjohn
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hesperia Michigan, MI
Posts: 12,957
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC View Post
Triumph, Norton, Einfield, and Vincent (my dream machine) now those were real bikes!
If you have Netflix watch the series HEARTLAND you will see a Norton quite often. Very good series with a lot of beauty in it. Love it ! ! ! ! !
Old 07-07-2015, 04:23 PM
  #29636  
the pope
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: goolwasa, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,680
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
You guys are lucky! i was ridin british motorcycles at the time,at night,how stupid is that?

Okc there ain't no one in the world don't know you are right friend.Trev do you think popey will eventually begin to halluicenate(sp) if he continues with the warm beer,would it be safer to confine yourself to the shed and run a high nitro saito?
Lifes good old fart , warm beer and cold women . It doesnt get any better than that . No mushrooms though so no hallucinations ! You just stay on your meds and you'll be ok . Cheers
PS I never said I drink warm beer I just said your not a true piss pot unless you do
Old 07-07-2015, 04:40 PM
  #29637  
spaceworm
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Guilford, CT
Posts: 3,950
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AeroFinn View Post
Guys,

This may not be totally Saito related but still:

I have a prop safety nut which is 13mm. Now the prop hole of my APC 20X8 Sport prop is 10mm. I'm sick of driving to a workshop and payming 20€ each time I need to enlarge hole in a prop.

So can I just buy a prop hand reamer to enlarge the hole from 10mm to 13mm? Which type of a reamer should I buy? a tapered one or stepped one?

Any recommendations for a good quality one?

I'm willing to pay a fair price for a good quality tool that centers the hole properly to use with my wooden & APC props.

Thanks,

Artto
I guess I need to ask what the diameter of the engine's prop shaft is? If it is 10mm, why is the safety nut 13mm? Could your safety nut be I/2 of the locking prop nut used on Saito engines. My engines have a special nut that tightens against the prop washer. Then a special tapered split cone type nut is tightened against the first nut. The split taper and nut act as a collet to lock the nuts together. But, I could be way off base here, 13mm is not a standard prop reamer size. A final step to 12mm (0.472 inch) is available from several sources. 13mm is 0.511inches. Maybe a 1/2 inch (0.500 inch) would work, but then you need a reamer with a 10mm pilot with a 0.500 inch final step. Not likely to be found. If you really need to ream to 13mm from a 10mm pilot hole, then a 13mm end mill with a 10mm pilot is probably available from a machine shop tool supply. This is not likely to be a hand tool but to be used in a drill press or milling machine. Good luck.

Sincerely, Richard
AMA 861960
Club Saito #635; Saito 56, 100, 120abc, 130T, 180

edit: add prop nut image: Is this the prop nut you are using?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	$_35.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	2108028  

Last edited by spaceworm; 07-08-2015 at 03:55 AM. Reason: added prop nut image
Old 07-08-2015, 04:40 AM
  #29638  
slopoke
My Feedback: (16)
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Madisonville, KY
Posts: 319
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
Moderators?? or is sigman off his rocker and it's just a big legpull.
Its true. I just received my check
Old 07-08-2015, 05:33 AM
  #29639  
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)
 
FlyerInOKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 13,731
Received 172 Likes on 157 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by spaceworm View Post
I guess I need to ask what the diameter of the engine's prop shaft is? If it is 10mm, why is the safety nut 13mm? Could your safety nut be I/2 of the locking prop nut used on Saito engines. My engines have a special nut that tightens against the prop washer. Then a special tapered split cone type nut is tightened against the first nut. The split taper and nut act as a collet to lock the nuts together. But, I could be way off base here,
Richard, where do you get the special nut? Is it something I can get locally or thru my LHS?
Thanks,

Mike
Old 07-08-2015, 06:36 AM
  #29640  
blw
My Feedback: (3)
 
blw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Opelika, AL
Posts: 9,447
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Aerofinn- I use the stepped type. You didn't say which Saito you are asking about did you?
Old 07-08-2015, 07:43 AM
  #29641  
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)
 
FlyerInOKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 13,731
Received 172 Likes on 157 Posts
Default

Nope I didn't
Old 07-08-2015, 02:39 PM
  #29642  
FNQFLYER
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cairns, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,053
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Popey, did you watch the "game" last night. It was a totl wipeout for NSW. I mean 52 to 6 and the Trophy is now back in its proper place. For those of you who don't know these origin series usualy have scores in the single digits or at the worst no more than 20 points scored by one side with the margins usually between 1 and 6. A good night for us QLDers who always drink cold beer.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:41 PM
  #29643  
FNQFLYER
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cairns, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,053
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

On the prop reaming thing, Dubro and Fox have very good stepped reamers, if you can't get one of them go to your friendly a/c tool store and they have a number of suitable / similar devices. BTB I always drill my props using a bench drill, makes sure that the hole is true and square to the prop face.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:14 PM
  #29644  
AeroFinn
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Turku, FINLAND
Posts: 305
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by spaceworm View Post
I guess I need to ask what the diameter of the engine's prop shaft is? If it is 10mm, why is the safety nut 13mm? Could your safety nut be I/2 of the locking prop nut used on Saito engines. My engines have a special nut that tightens against the prop washer. Then a special tapered split cone type nut is tightened against the first nut. The split taper and nut act as a collet to lock the nuts together. But, I could be way off base here, 13mm is not a standard prop reamer size. A final step to 12mm (0.472 inch) is available from several sources. 13mm is 0.511inches. Maybe a 1/2 inch (0.500 inch) would work, but then you need a reamer with a 10mm pilot with a 0.500 inch final step. Not likely to be found. If you really need to ream to 13mm from a 10mm pilot hole, then a 13mm end mill with a 10mm pilot is probably available from a machine shop tool supply. This is not likely to be a hand tool but to be used in a drill press or milling machine. Good luck.

Sincerely, Richard
AMA 861960
Club Saito #635; Saito 56, 100, 120abc, 130T, 180

edit: add prop nut image: Is this the prop nut you are using?

Spaceworm, Blw and Fnqflyer


Thanks, the engine is not a Saito but a Laser 300v. Hence my remark that this may not be Saito related but more on how to enlarge a prop hole if you do not have access to good quality drill press.

The "safety nut" is actually a 13mm sleeve nut on 10mm cranckshaft. The sleeve nut is secured by a 10mm bolt that is center drilled and tapped to accept a Tru-Turn spinner bolt.

A friend of mine had a very nice tapered reamer that he used to help me to enlarge the APC prop. I tried to figure out what make it was buy there was no name on it. It seemed to have at least 8 cutting edges that were very sharp.

We then tried the same tool on a Menz-S 20X6 prop but the grain of pine material did interfere a bit. I hope I got the thing done "good enough". At least both props feel very tight when I slide the sleeve nut into the prop hole. I will anyways balance the wooden prop although I'm a bit unsure if the balancing can be doen properly if the reamer has wandered a bit on prop surface.

Btw Spaceworm: The safety nut in the emage is the same I use on my Saito FA-125a with great success!

Last edited by AeroFinn; 07-08-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:35 PM
  #29645  
the pope
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: goolwasa, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,680
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by FNQFLYER View Post
Popey, did you watch the "game" last night. It was a totl wipeout for NSW. I mean 52 to 6 and the Trophy is now back in its proper place. For those of you who don't know these origin series usualy have scores in the single digits or at the worst no more than 20 points scored by one side with the margins usually between 1 and 6. A good night for us QLDers who always drink cold beer.
Trophy back where it belongs ? Where the sun dont shine ? I forgot it was on , started watching the cricket and turned it over at 1/2 time and she was all over by then . I look forward to watching it but after 10 min. I start getting bored and start channel surfing .Enough of the warm beer stuff already ! I rarely even drink the stuff ( Bundys my poison ) and definitely wouldnt drink warm stuff . The misses might but not me . As for the drugs I hear the gold coast suns give it a bit of a nudge now and again . Smoked enough weed in my day to kill a horse but thankfully stayed away from the evil ****e . Gotta feel for old fart though he's always out in the bush looking for those funny looking mushrooms . He thinks he can fly and tune saitos but truth be known hes just sitting in his chair dribbling , soiling his pants and hallucinating . Cheers the pope
Old 07-09-2015, 04:09 AM
  #29646  
spaceworm
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Guilford, CT
Posts: 3,950
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC View Post
Richard, where do you get the special nut? Is it something I can get locally or thru my LHS?
Thanks,

Mike
Mine were standard with my Saito. With the right thread size, a Saito safety nut should fit any engine. Try your local, or then online. Search for prop safety nut and you will get multiple sources. My YS also has a prop safety nut, but I got it used, so don't know if it came standard. With a four cycle engine the safety nut SHOULD be standard. If not and with big engines, I use an elastic stop nut. Good luck.

Sincerely, Richard
Old 07-09-2015, 05:35 AM
  #29647  
Rudolph Hart
 
Rudolph Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Perth, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 4,383
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by blw View Post
Aerofinn- I use the stepped type. You didn't say which Saito you are asking about did you?
No he did'nt say..he was talking about a lazer 300,does he know how many brain cells you can strain uselessly trying to figure that out,thread sizes he says...i'll give him threads elsewhere and trev has a small pair of three pronged pliers that you slip rubber o rings on to sheeps tender parts and they turn into mountain oysters,you're in trouble aerofinn my boy.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:49 AM
  #29648  
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)
 
FlyerInOKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 13,731
Received 172 Likes on 157 Posts
Default

Thanks Richard! I will investigate further.

The pope you should try some of the rum they don't import from down in the Caribbean. My brother was harbor master for a while in British Tortola and the rum was out of this world!
Weed never interested me it gives me a headache probably another allergy or something. I guess in Goolwasa there must not be much to do but drink, smoke, and watch the telly. When I was younger i found Cricket interesting and would have like to try it. But it struck me like golf and what you call football, something I would want to play but not watch unless I needed a nap! I mut say though that Women's World Cup was fairly exciting I was surprised to see so many total points at that level of play. I wonder if the USA Women's team could give the men's team some pointers?
Old 07-09-2015, 07:02 AM
  #29649  
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)
 
FlyerInOKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 13,731
Received 172 Likes on 157 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
No he did'nt say..he was talking about a lazer 300,does he know how many brain cells you can strain uselessly trying to figure that out,thread sizes he says...i'll give him threads elsewhere and trev has a small pair of three pronged pliers that you slip rubber o rings on to sheeps tender parts and they turn into mountain oysters,you're in trouble aerofinn my boy.
We call them Lamb Fries here. The Cattleman's Steakhouse here in OKC is famous for their Lamb Fries. They can be had as an appetizer or an entree served with a baked potato. Here is a link read their history its a hoot: http://www.cattlemensrestaurant.com/

Last edited by FlyerInOKC; 07-09-2015 at 07:06 AM.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:25 AM
  #29650  
spaceworm
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Guilford, CT
Posts: 3,950
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
No he did'nt say..he was talking about a lazer 300,does he know how many brain cells you can strain uselessly trying to figure that out,thread sizes he says...i'll give him threads elsewhere and trev has a small pair of three pronged pliers that you slip rubber o rings on to sheeps tender parts and they turn into mountain oysters,you're in trouble aerofinn my boy.
According to the Laser engine website the crank threads for the 300 are M10mm x 1.5.
[h=1]Laser 300v[/h](Click images to enlarge with dimensions)
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]Bore mm[/TD]
[TD]Stroke mm[/TD]
[TD]Weight grm[/TD]
[TD]Prop Size[/TD]
[TD]Crank Thread[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]33.5[/TD]
[TD]26.9[/TD]
[TD]1600[/TD]
[TD]20x8[/TD]
[TD]M10 x 1.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.