Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Welcome to Club SAITO !

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 03:07 AM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BJ64
Get some really good LiPo's for that sucker, Old Fart...
I got two the size of housebricks it's that cold i'm using them with the charger still plugged in just kidding maybe

acdc you forgot what a saito sounds like add some nitro.
Old 07-02-2016, 04:33 AM
slopoke
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Fart
Hey slopey there's people live outside of north and a warm climate,we southerners are freezing and standing around a 44 gallon drum full of napalm just to warm up a bit don't sound to crazy right now.Just caved in and bought my first ever electric blanket ever,well first one you can remember anyway.
Well maybe on the other side of the world it's the cold weather.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:41 AM
Rudolph Hart

It bloody sure is mate.A quick safety warning for the few people who have never done this.When starting a small outdoor bbq fire in a confined space don't be tempted to throw a cup full of old tank cleanings from the saito fourstroke on to wet kindling sticks and then hand light it..
Old 07-03-2016, 02:03 AM
BJ64

Bit of a "flare-up" there, hey OldFart?
Old 07-03-2016, 02:05 AM
BJ64

Say.... you Saito aficionado's out there may be able to help me with this.

Been out of RC for quite a while, and slowly trying to get back into it.

I posted the question up on a CMP BF109 thread, but haven't really got an answer back yet.

Would a Saito F180 be enough to pull a CMP BF109g comfortably?

BJ
Old 07-03-2016, 02:27 AM
Rudolph Hart

Cmp build nice arf's and your 180 will do the job easily.

ps flash fires are nothin compared to the injuries you could receive from the handbrake
Old 07-03-2016, 05:34 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

AHHH the smooth sounds of a Saito. Finally got some air time yesterday, flew my SSE, that 72 purrs, then flew my Mustang with the 125. Holy Crap that engine has power. Flew by at half throttle and that bugger was moving! Thirsty SOB though. I think I flew 5 minutes and used 3/4 of the tank, and not once did I go full throttle while in the air.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:37 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Fart
It bloody sure is mate.A quick safety warning for the few people who have never done this.When starting a small outdoor bbq fire in a confined space don't be tempted to throw a cup full of old tank cleanings from the saito fourstroke on to wet kindling sticks and then hand light it..

What is the tempature right now google show 11 C that's still in the 50s F. It ain't cold until it get below 0 C! WHIMP! It's hitting 102 F or about 39 C I'll fill a mason jar and PM it to you.

Mike
Old 07-03-2016, 05:39 AM
acdii

Well you know old farts, they have to put a jacket on when it hits 70. LOL
Old 07-03-2016, 06:06 AM
BJ64

Only 109F?

Try 48.5C - and then the bushfires started... no "WHIMPs" here...

BJ
Old 07-03-2016, 08:22 AM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by BJ64
Only 109F?

Try 48.5C - and then the bushfires started... no "WHIMPs" here...

BJ
I guess the 1790 English authorities weren't kidding when they told the convicts they were sending them to Hell! ;-)

(All the best countries were populated by English castoffs and those fleeing the UK.)

Last edited by FlyerInOKC; 07-03-2016 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-03-2016, 02:01 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Too many mentions of OS for this thread guys. I know I've been lenient and you wouldn't believe how much I get beaten up for that behind the scenes.
Old 07-03-2016, 02:54 PM
arnieby

Default Re: Welcome to Club Saito!

Hello all, I have been in and out of the hobby over the years, never dropped it for good, always a kit built here or there as I have always found building to be almost as enjoyable as the flying anyway. I have acquired a few Saitos over the years and I now have 2-FA56's, a 72 and a 115. They all purr like kittens and have only to this point been bench run a few times but they will be going into kits eventually so they can strut their stuff in the air. Would like to become a member of club Saito as well if thats alright with the members! Thanks Arnie
Old 07-03-2016, 04:04 PM
JPMacG
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm replacing the spray bar in the carb of my Saito 72. Can anyone tell me if the orientation of the little slot is important? Should it be pointed in a particular direction? Or can I just reassemble without worrying?
Old 07-03-2016, 05:03 PM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by blw
Too many mentions of OS for this thread guys. I know I've been lenient and you wouldn't believe how much I get beaten up for that behind the scenes.
I just have this to say about that!

SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO!SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO!

Proper ratio has been restored.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:26 PM
acdii

Good one OKC! LOL sososososo LOL

On that spray bar, you want it pointing towards the intake.
Old 07-03-2016, 06:17 PM
JPMacG
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks acdii
Old 07-04-2016, 03:15 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Just like this, this is a Saito 2.20 carb.

OS

Sorry OKEY, you were off by one.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Saito 2.20 carb 006 (Small).jpg
Views:	32
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	2171175  

Last edited by Hobbsy; 07-04-2016 at 03:27 AM.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:25 AM
Hobbsy

A sign of the LS needle being too rich, it controls the mixture for about 85% of the throttle range, my thought based on my sperience.

Name:	Sig LT 25 #2.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	2171176  

Last edited by Hobbsy; 07-04-2016 at 03:37 AM.
Old 07-04-2016, 04:56 AM
Rudolph Hart

Ok guys you heard the boss! no more off thread comments about the dangers of nitro fuel in confined spaces and powerful saito 125's in the same message right?
Old 07-04-2016, 06:12 AM
acdii

oh DAVE, You have enough 3 blades there? LOL What GK you have on that plane? I didn't know you can put a glow on an EP kit, guess you did some mods to make it work.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:08 AM
Hobbsy

AC, that is a Saito .30, the LT 25 is pre--EP, I have two, the other has an OS LA .25 on it. There's that word again. Barry loves me anyway.

When my heard me talking about the ACE 4-120 Bipe she reminded me of an unfinished project from several years ago, an Adrian Page Super Cub. I completed the tail feathers yesterday.

Name:	Page Super Cub 3.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	2171195   Click image for larger version

Name:	Page Super Cub.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	2171196   Click image for larger version

Name:	Page Super Cub 5.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	2171197  

Last edited by Hobbsy; 07-04-2016 at 04:11 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:42 AM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by Dave, FormerDairyFarmer
Sorry OKEY, you were off by one.
There is that dreaded word again! You leave me no choice!
SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO!SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO!SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO!
Old 07-06-2016, 12:24 AM
BJ64

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
There is that dreaded word again! You leave me no choice!
SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO!SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO!SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO! SAITO!
Just a tad overkill there, perhaps?

LoL

BJ
Old 07-06-2016, 04:11 AM
Hobbsy

Let's see, my Saito collection has shrunk a lot from 24 to, (2) Saito .30s, (1) FA 40a, (1) FA 40 with the rear facing carb, (1) FA 50 with the rear facing carb, (1) FA 62, (1) older High Compression .80, (2) FA 100's, one I rebuilt, and one with a blown off cylinder still in the thinking stage on that one, (1) TS 90, (1) 100 twin, and (1) high compression 1.50 from the early 90's.
I think that is 11. I'm sort of looking for a 60 twin for my Adrian Page Super Cub. The TS 90 may have to do that job. I can't figure out why my pictures are suddenly coming up as links.

Name:	Page Super Cub 3.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	2171512  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.