Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Welcome to Club SAITO !

Old 08-02-2021, 07:39 PM
  #50876  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 965
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jesse Open
Pretty WACO there my friend!
Thanks Buddy. She's wearing a star with an OS on the name plate. LOL
Old 08-03-2021, 03:42 AM
  #50877  
 
Jesse Open's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 30 Miles North of Canada Border
Posts: 3,820
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Hyjinx
Thanks Buddy. She's wearing a star with an OS on the name plate. LOL
Wouldn't mind owning one of those!
Old 08-03-2021, 09:53 AM
  #50878  
My Feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: VT
Posts: 5,406
Likes: 0
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Default

3 go up and 3 come down.
every one likes a GeeBee, until it's time to land, I think 2 of them were not balanced well

Old 08-03-2021, 11:17 AM
  #50879  
My Feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: VT
Posts: 5,406
Likes: 0
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Default edited

sorry guys, I'm going to complain again !!!!
is it just me that HATEs Tower's/Horizon's new sites ????
every time I search there/and I type in 3 letters the site starts it search and the site goes dark, and you can NOT finish typing when it goes dark cause the site is searching. then after it opens with stuff I do NOT need I have to finish typing what I am looking for, example> if I type in "OS t" all parts I don't want pop up for the wrong engine I need parts for.
Edit> and I need to order 12 or 13 things and I rather not have to fight with Towers search-engine for everything I need to look for so I can order !!

I mean this is a pisser, I mean why do I have to fight a search-engine on Tower's site to find a $3 part ???? and you can not even call them, and IF you do call you can not even leave your name and phone number on their phone, you have to open their site and send them a PM to call you back.

first it was the FAA and FCC, and now the stores. and the AMA now testing, why do I need to know Fist Sight Person. it's only a hobby and they have started to take the fun out of it !!

Rant over,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,, for now

Jim

Last edited by the Wasp; 08-03-2021 at 11:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
bob52 (09-04-2021)
Old 08-03-2021, 11:24 AM
  #50880  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Capron, IL
Posts: 10,000
Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default

I know what you mean, I ran into the same issue looking up parts and finally just put the damned part number in google to get the part to come up in TH. I ordered some Powerbox parts, Google was the only way I could find the parts on the tower site.
Old 08-03-2021, 11:30 AM
  #50881  
My Feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: VT
Posts: 5,406
Likes: 0
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by acdii
I know what you mean, I ran into the same issue looking up parts and finally just put the damned part number in google to get the part to come up in TH. I ordered some Powerbox parts, Google was the only way I could find the parts on the tower site.
thank you for the nice reply !!!!

Jim
Old 08-03-2021, 11:43 AM
  #50882  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 3,635
Received 65 Likes on 65 Posts
Default

For Saito parts I google search the engine eg "saito fg21 parts", then I click on the McGregor's link and copy/paste the part number(s) I find on McGregor's back into the google search bar. The nice thing about McGregor's is they still list parts compatability with other engines; none of that dumbazz engine letter code ciphering needed.

Tower had parts compatability listed before Horizon bought them. It's almost as if Horizon doesn't want to sell parts.

Last edited by Glowgeek; 08-03-2021 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-03-2021, 04:03 PM
  #50883  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 3,635
Received 65 Likes on 65 Posts
Default

On a more positive note I now have 11 planes in flying order. Happy to say that 8 of those are Saito powered. Two more planes with Saitos need a little work and it'll be 10. Hooked on Saitos!

saito Saito SAITO!
Old 08-03-2021, 04:09 PM
  #50884  
My Feedback: (156)
 
RichardGee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dixon, CA
Posts: 1,165
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by the Wasp
sorry guys, I'm going to complain again !!!!
is it just me that HATEs Tower's/Horizon's new sites ????
every time I search there/and I type in 3 letters the site starts it search and the site goes dark, and you can NOT finish typing when it goes dark cause the site is searching. then after it opens with stuff I do NOT need I have to finish typing what I am looking for, example> if I type in "OS t" all parts I don't want pop up for the wrong engine I need parts for.
Edit> and I need to order 12 or 13 things and I rather not have to fight with Towers search-engine for everything I need to look for so I can order !!

I mean this is a pisser, I mean why do I have to fight a search-engine on Tower's site to find a $3 part ???? and you can not even call them, and IF you do call you can not even leave your name and phone number on their phone, you have to open their site and send them a PM to call you back.

first it was the FAA and FCC, and now the stores. and the AMA now testing, why do I need to know Fist Sight Person. it's only a hobby and they have started to take the fun out of it !!

Rant over,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,, for now

Jim
Agree completely. Unless you enter the EXACT search term, the new Tower (Horizon) search engine just won't find it.
Really poor marketing. One would think after declaring bankruptcy, they would do everything they can to make purchases EASIER.
Old 08-03-2021, 06:27 PM
  #50885  
My Feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: VT
Posts: 5,406
Likes: 0
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Glowgeek
For Saito parts I google search the engine eg "saito fg21 parts", then I click on the McGregor's link and copy/paste the part number(s) I find on McGregor's back into the google search bar. The nice thing about McGregor's is they still list parts compatability with other engines; none of that dumbazz engine letter code ciphering needed.

Tower had parts compatability listed before Horizon bought them. It's almost as if Horizon doesn't want to sell parts.
Lonnie, what's this "McGregor's" you are talking about, can I get a link ??

Jim
Old 08-03-2021, 06:32 PM
  #50886  
My Feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: VT
Posts: 5,406
Likes: 0
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RichardGee
Agree completely. Unless you enter the EXACT search term, the new Tower (Horizon) search engine just won't find it.
Really poor marketing. One would think after declaring bankruptcy, they would do everything they can to make purchases EASIER.
you know I was thinking about starting a new thread about this problem. but I'm thinking it would be removed. I mean starting a thread complaining about Towers and Horizon could get me in trouble with RCU. you know

thanks for the reply
Jim
Old 08-04-2021, 02:23 AM
  #50887  
Senior Member
 
1200SportsterRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,165
Likes: 0
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Default

MacGregors AKA; https://www.hobbyplastic.co.uk/

I happen to like the Horizon Code Chart and add to it as new engines come out. At MacGregors just type in, for example, Saito 65 parts. At Horizon type in: Saito G


Last edited by 1200SportsterRider; 08-04-2021 at 03:16 AM.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:49 AM
  #50888  
Senior Member
 
1200SportsterRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,165
Likes: 0
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Default

Just for kicks I did a search at Tower for an APC 15 x 7 prop, the black screen only lasts for about 2 seconds and then goes wherever you wanted to go. I guess patience rules the day. My wife says I have too much of it.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:33 AM
  #50889  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 3,635
Received 65 Likes on 65 Posts
Default

I typed "saito G" into the HH search bar, it only shows 3 parts because that's all they have in stock for an FA65GK? It only shows that the parts are for an "H" engine, no engine size or type shown. If not for Dave's letter code list I would have no idea what engine the part was for. Many times I have searched the HH website with engine letter codes and not found parts that they had in stock. When I google searched the actual part number there it was, in stock at HH!

At Macgregor's you get the complete parts listing, even for parts that are back ordered or discontinued. Much better site for finding/viewing parts and parts compatability with other engines. I like how you can just scroll through all the parts for a given engine, with parts pics. Less clicking and waiting than HH. Tower used to be like Macgregor's before HH bought them out.

Macgregor's will direct me to hobbyplastics with one click if I decide to order the part. If I want to see who else has the part I just cut and paste the part number from Macgregor's into the google search bar to see.

Jim, type "saito fa65 parts" into your google search bar, then click on the Macgregor's link that is titled "Saito FA-65 Complete Parts Listing". I think you'll like it.

Last edited by Glowgeek; 08-04-2021 at 06:06 AM.
Old 08-04-2021, 05:16 AM
  #50890  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Capron, IL
Posts: 10,000
Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default

TH Used to have details about items, such as descriptions and specs. Not anymore. The site used to be more user friendly, and the Paypal link does not work unless you are logged in, so if you don't have one, you can't use Paypal. When I went to buy the Powerbox stuff a couple weeks ago, it just sat and spun when I clicked Paypal. Tried my other browsers, and same thing, then looked up my account and got a password reset, logged in and was finally able to purchase. Their site needs work. I did get the parts super fast though, and the prices were good, it's just their site that sucks.
Old 08-04-2021, 06:47 AM
  #50891  
 
Jesse Open's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 30 Miles North of Canada Border
Posts: 3,820
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts
Default

Software license that Great Planes was using may not have been picked up or offered to Horizon Hobby. The reorganization seem to have some of perhaps the slower performing, could be low margin operations set aside. Book-keeping and tax advantages often play a huge role.

I quit buying from Horizon several years ago, been using the MacGregors site ever since. Holding on to and stocking up on parts and old engines as there is no telling how long Saito will supply parts for the engines they have sold.For that matter, how long Saito will hang around.

I have enough Saitos now to fly them for the forseeable future, as well as my grandchildren. Plenty of model airplane fuel too!
Old 08-04-2021, 07:25 AM
  #50892  
My Feedback: (149)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Decatur, AL
Posts: 498
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Gary, thought YS was your heartbeat for engines. Have steered away from them due to my lack of knowledge (and others' comments), but recently did buy a FZ110S recently, sans check valve (?) and prop washer & nut. Sure wouldn't mind having it gone thru and checked good so I don't have as much chance of messing it up LOL.
Plans are for a Reese Cloud Dancer 120 (short wing), construction article says flew great on YS120. Would there be that much difference between the 110 and 120 as I'm more of a slow flyer? Any recommendation as to who might check the engine over for me?
Many Thanx
T-man49 in AL
Mike
Old 08-04-2021, 09:26 AM
  #50893  
 
Jesse Open's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 30 Miles North of Canada Border
Posts: 3,820
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts
Default

Ah yes, favorite motorcycles are Moto Guzzi but I still have and deeply respect Triumphs
Hopefully the thread patrol Twitter/youtube/ Facistbook types wont censor the motorcycle analogy

The YS are superb engines since my very first back in 1979, never had a lemon!
Saito however makes a great variety and the methanol versions do run well.

Mabe Dave McIntyre,the video guy would be interested. (?)

Last edited by Jesse Open; 08-04-2021 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-04-2021, 10:53 AM
  #50894  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 3,635
Received 65 Likes on 65 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by triumphman49
.....................Any recommendation as to who might check the engine over for me?
Many Thanx
T-man49 in AL
Mike
PM'd you
Old 08-04-2021, 11:51 AM
  #50895  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 965
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jesse Open
Ah yes, favorite motorcycles are Moto Guzzi but I still have and deeply respect Triumphs
Hopefully the thread patrol Twitter/youtube/ Facistbook types wont censor the motorcycle analogy

The YS are superb engines since my very first back in 1979, never had a lemon!
Saito however makes a great variety and the methanol versions do run well.

Mabe Dave McIntyre,the video guy would be interested. (?)
Yippee!
The blue angels are doing manuvers over my house right now practicing for the show this weekend. The circuit brings them here to turn back to Ypsi. Sue and I were just treated to a inverted hot and low! Right from the front porch!!!!
Having to delay heading to the fly field till they run out of fuel.
Didn't sound at all like a Saito LOL.
Old 08-04-2021, 12:12 PM
  #50896  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 3,635
Received 65 Likes on 65 Posts
Default

Oh, that's cool! No Blue Angels here but quite a few C130 planes doing manuevers at low altitude. Can't even hear them until they're right over us. C130 training is about 50 miles south of us in Little Rock.
Old 08-04-2021, 06:20 PM
  #50897  
My Feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: VT
Posts: 5,406
Likes: 0
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Default

Dave/Lonnie, thanks for the MacGregors info !!

Tower's ; I tried searching for a 1/2 hour before I gave up, every time I searched I could only type in 3 letters and the search started. it was frustrating considering I had some 12, 13 things I need to order

Jim
Old 08-04-2021, 08:32 PM
  #50898  
My Feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: VT
Posts: 5,406
Likes: 0
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Default

this plane has a Saito 65 in it that was rebuilt by Dave,

Old 08-04-2021, 09:33 PM
  #50899  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 965
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Glowgeek
Oh, that's cool! No Blue Angels here but quite a few C130 planes doing maneuvers at low altitude. Can't even hear them until they're right over us. C130 training is about 50 miles south of us in Little Rock.
Yeah man Lonnie. I like the big multi's more than jets....
Old 08-05-2021, 02:16 AM
  #50900  
Senior Member
 
1200SportsterRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,165
Likes: 0
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Default

Jim, the 65's are problematic when asked to turn 150,000 rpm. The bearings won't take it.

I'm anxious to have a 56 again for my very old RCM 40.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.