Originally Posted by the Wasp View Post
thank you for the offer! but shipping will be too much

Jim
Tru dat . Biflation sucks.
Old Today, 05:04 PM
Glowgeek

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Hyjinx View Post
Leave that chink crap on the shelf and get one from a garage sale. The ones NOT made outta chineisum last for generations. And you don't have to fix the tool before you fix the tool. I got two or three of em my dad couldn't wear out. Me either.
Just saying.
Man. I am starting to sound like him as much as I look like him. Frightening.
I have one of each. Lost my old rivet tool, bought a cheapo, then found my old one. They both work fine. Probably would grab the old one if I wanted to rivet an entire aircraft together.
Old Today, 05:29 PM
Hyjinx

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I just did a piece of door trim on my wife's Scamp trailer, HER hobby lol. I had three of them in a old metal tool box with the title "gutter tools" on it. Moved to my garage when dad died, and my brother died then my mom died. Man that box has been around. If tools could talk.....
Old Today, 05:36 PM
Glowgeek

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Yep, there's a treasure trove of sentiment in old tools. I have a box full of my father's precision measurement tools, some passed on to him by his father. A true joy to use and to reflect on.
Old Today, 05:41 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Pete, as you say, Easy Peasy on the Helis and the FA125. but I have 3 nice 2st I like. and they don't smell yet LOL

Lonnie. the toolbox is packed and addressed with the RA#. to add I don't see how I could drill a straight hole in the Hanger, no room to get a C-drill in the cubby. besides, I take the Box problem as a bad omen for it.
Jim
Old Today, 06:16 PM
Jesse Open

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Jim,
Another one of those "overkill" tools :
The Roper Whitney hand punch. Puts precisely placed clean holes in sheet metal. A favorite of (skilled) tradespeole around the world.,
That tool place you deal with should have them. Just the ticket for that job

Aaron,

When my dad pased, my mother asked if I wanted his ring or his watch. I told her my sisters could have them. She then asked what I would like instead. I told her I would like his old canvas bag that held his masonry tools. The brick hammers, joint raking tools, trowels, chisels etc.
I started working summers with my dad at age twelve. I remembered that bag and those tools well. It was always in the cab his old ton and a half Ford stake truck. Many a day I would carry block and mix mortar. He was the only man I knew who could easily lay 500 12 inch block in an eight hour day.

It was a priveledge to have worked at his side.
I have used those tools often since then and feel deeply honored to be able to use them

But I have never approached a 500 block day, not even with 8 inck block

Last edited by Jesse Open; Today at 06:36 PM.