Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

anyone buy/order from AliExpress.com?

Jim
Old 11-01-2022, 11:48 AM
Jesse Open

Received 91 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Hyjinx
​​​​​​
Based on who and where it came to me It has become one of the favorite planes I have ever flown and owned.
It is a fine plane And in a good home .

YS, Saito, O.S.

Most all problems are more owner related from what I have seen.

Old 11-02-2022, 02:44 AM
1200SportsterRider

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by the Wasp
anyone buy/order from AliExpress.com?

Jim
I don't see any RC stuff there, or I didn't look enough.
Old 11-02-2022, 03:40 AM
Jesse Open

They sell a lot of stuff you could use in RC. Electronic components, tools, hardware etc.Often however in fairly large lots. You aren't really buying from Ali but through them. A lot like Amazon. Sometimes communication is vague and support is lacking.

I have only bought there a couple of times.
Old 11-02-2022, 03:43 AM
thefastfred

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How’s it work and sound??
Old 11-02-2022, 03:54 AM
1200SportsterRider

Originally Posted by thefastfred
How’s it work and sound??

OK, clue us in please, what?
Old 11-02-2022, 02:23 PM
thefastfred

Originally Posted by 1200SportsterRider
OK, clue us in please, what?
These - don't know why the photos disappeared.

Muffler

Intake/ crank recycle

Old 11-02-2022, 03:33 PM
Jesse Open

The pipe is just a scaled up version of the style pipe used on the early Saito singles and later Saito multies. I like the sound, it can be a bit raspy at full throttle for some. Sounds pretty muscular at partial throttle. It is very light and makes about 100 rpm more turns than the Saito cast muffler.

The pipe shown is home-made, all parts are hard silver-soldered aka silver brazed.(Not the low temp , soft "Stay Brite" stuff.

The oil recirc / velocity stack works very well,
reduces the normal vent oil mess by about 90%
Also eases fuel consumption and keeps the area near the carb intake much cleaner and drier.

In most cases, my new Saito powered planes will be fitted with the stacks.

Thanks for the interest.

Last edited by Jesse Open; 11-02-2022 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-02-2022, 05:48 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

hey guys. my FA 120 has a "F" on its mounting tab (on the top). but the guy gave me an "S" box, could it still be an "S" engine?

Jim
Old 11-02-2022, 06:06 PM
Glowgeek

Received 64 Likes on 64 Posts

hey guys. my FA 120 has a "F" on its mounting tab (on the top). but the guy gave me an "S" box, could it still be an "S" engine?

Jim
I've been under the impression that if it's not a 120 Fathead then it's a 120S. Is there a badge on the right side of the case that says 120S or a cast in text that says FA-120?
Old 11-02-2022, 06:52 PM
Jesse Open

Jim
Yep, The F on top of the right hand lug is production batch "F" .

There have been many variations made on the FA-120 . The "F" in sequence does not exclude it from being an "S" type.
Old 11-03-2022, 02:52 AM
1200SportsterRider

A 120-S that I rebuilt, I don't know the batch #. It had a collapsed valve spring.

Last edited by 1200SportsterRider; 11-03-2022 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Add picture
Old 11-03-2022, 04:35 AM
Jesse Open

Some more 120 Saitos including dual plug and the Fathead version. All made from parts or non running engines

Old 11-03-2022, 05:01 AM
erieqc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is off subject you may want to stock up on some of the things you use a lot including food. They are rationing diesel fuel at the refineries. A lot of the jobbers are only aloud a few loads a day. If they can get it. So prices on shipping and buying parts for our engines are going to go up even more. So be prepared the end of this is not even near especially with our leadership.
Old 11-03-2022, 05:17 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by erieqc
I know this is off subject you may want to stock up on some of the things you use a lot including food. They are rationing diesel fuel at the refineries. A lot of the jobbers are only aloud a few loads a day. If they can get it. So prices on shipping and buying parts for our engines are going to go up even more. So be prepared the end of this is not even near especially with our leadership.
Yeah, and its all artificial too. The refineries have plenty of oil they are slowing production to drive prices up. Government has nothing to do with and no control over it either. I should know I'm in oil country with plenty of contact with oil workers.
Old 11-03-2022, 05:26 AM
Jesse Open

Yea Aaron, just your imagination. The government refusing permits and closing land, shutting off natural gas and begging Saudi Arabia for more oil and we still have plenty. After all, Joe did say he was shutting off the fossil fuel, you should have been ready. Do you think Joe would lie?
Of course it is all artificial. just two years ago the USA was energy independent and exporting energy. Gasoline below $3 gallon and eggs were under a dollar per dozen. What has changed since?

We have so much oil that we pretty much drained our Strategic Oil Reserves. Most of that has been sold to the Chinese and India , guess who made money on those deals? And they had no immediate use so they just put it into their own strategic oil reserves!

Plenty of food despite the new war in the Ukraine and no fertilizer.

Lessons learned: Never steal a job and give it to an idiot.

Hope you keep plenty of methanol on hand. Be thankful it is a non fossil fuel!

Last edited by Jesse Open; 11-03-2022 at 06:05 AM.
Old 11-03-2022, 06:03 AM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by Jesse Open

It's not stealing when the idiot wins by over 7 million votes no matter how much the loser and his cronies lie about it or refuse to accept the results. Candidates don't have an option, the results are the results. Fraud is only fraud when you can produce evidence and prove it and lying about it, shouting about it isn't evidence. Facts are the only thing that matter is a court of law, not hurt feelings, not innuendo, not flights of fantasy and crackpot internet rumors. Man up! Elections aren't some snowflake sports competition where everyone gets a trophy so their feeling get hurt, you lose, you lose, get over it!

Also if you stop and actually read the Constitution, not skim it, but read it word by word, the Vice President presides over the proceedings but has no veto power over any state's votes. His job is to see the rules in the Constitution are followed in an orderly fashion. This is still a country of the rules of law and not the whims of a would be petty dictator or his minions or dubious lawyers. If you can't accept elections results move to Russia or China where the results are determined in advance.

Last edited by FlyerInOKC; 11-03-2022 at 06:06 AM.
Old 11-03-2022, 06:10 AM
Jesse Open

Now that was funny.

Just got a nice pair of FG-30 yesterday. Only planning to use one of them. Hoping that a Ultra Stick 30 shows up at the hobby shop before the diesel fuel runs out, or the Russians nuke us

Last edited by Jesse Open; 11-03-2022 at 06:20 AM.
Old 11-03-2022, 06:23 AM
FlyerInOKC

Fraud is still fraud when you choose to ignore real evidence.
Not just skim over it.
What evidence? What court was it produce in? Show me the evidence, produce an actual eye witness, all I saw was opinions, innuendo, and hearsay fantasy statements made by individuals who had no part in the process and usually never set foot in the state(s) where the rumored fraud occurred. The fact is there is No evidence, there are No eye witnesses, all there is over 7 million votes saying the whiner loss. Man up! Just because you don't like the results and don't like the man he is still President and he is still in the Whitehouse at least until January 2025 when the next president will be sworn in. When did this country become such a country of whining losers? They are worse than the southern confederates that couldn't get over the union beat them. They are an embarrassment to the men who defeated the chief loser's idol in 1945.
Old 11-03-2022, 06:38 AM
Hyjinx

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Yea Aaron, just your imagination. The government refusing permits and closing land, shutting off natural gas and begging Saudi Arabia for more oil and we still have plenty. After all, Joe did say he was shutting off the fossil fuel, you should have been ready. Do you think Joe would lie?
Of course it is all artificial. just two years ago the USA was energy independent and exporting energy. Gasoline below $3 gallon and eggs were under a dollar per dozen. What has changed since?

We have so much oil that we pretty much drained our Strategic Oil Reserves. Most of that has been sold to the Chinese and India , guess who made money on those deals? And they had no immediate use so they just put it into their own strategic oil reserves!

Plenty of food despite the new war in the Ukraine and no fertilizer.

Hope you keep plenty of methanol on hand. Be thankful it is a non fossil fuel!
Kick the still back up and wait out the evil. Be exporting energy again in three years.
I know personally I will vote at least a thousand times in the next election. Bet my true brothers will join me and beat Satan to the ballot mail box. Got a bunch of lead and powder. Twelve acres to grow food on and generators to run the freezers.
Let the evil wind blow. My house will not fail.
Nor my resolve.
Old 11-03-2022, 06:45 AM
Hyjinx

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Hyjinx
Kick the still back up and wait out the evil. Be exporting energy again in three years.
I know personally I will vote at least a thousand times in the next election. Bet my true brothers will join me and beat Satan to the ballot mail box. Got a bunch of lead and powder. Twelve acres to grow food on and generators to run the freezers.
Let the evil wind blow. My house will not fail.
Nor my resolve.
Furthermore GaryWhen you have to flee Sodom you have a room in my strong house. And are welcome here.
Joseph Aaron Hubbard Child of the True Living God.
Old 11-03-2022, 06:45 AM
FlyerInOKC

Now that's a though, I wonder how hard it would be to produce your own methanol? The question would be would it be pure enough?
Old 11-03-2022, 06:51 AM
triumphman49
My Feedback: (149)

Man, Not that long ago was working 2nd job at bank, bill collecting with a bunch of young'ens when Obama was 1st running. Told them they would be the ones to be have to pay the piper living under the new regime as I was getting close to retirement (took me a number of years to actually get there - just made it last year) If your real happy with current countrys' situation, just glad I'm not you.

T-man49 in AL
Old 11-03-2022, 06:55 AM
Jesse Open

Yep Aaron , cut wood and we are flying methanol when the gassers are grounded.
Pure as pure gets.

Comedy shows aside.
Old 11-03-2022, 09:06 AM
FlyerInOKC

OK guys, I want to apologize to anyone who may have taken anything I said personal. My comments are not aimed at anyone person it's more at the symptoms and frustrations of the current political climate. I think the main problem with the current situation is both sides are fanning the anger for cheap political points, the politicians are no way trying to tamp it down anger and hate because they think it will get them votes.. I think we are all suffering from it's affects of listening to this BS.. What happened to the good old days when political parties had platforms and candidates offer solutions instead of just attacks on their opponents? Why do us voters accept this? I think the time has come for the voters to demand not all this BS and attacks but force the candidate to state how they are going to fix the problems they point out and probably caused in the first place! I don't care if American Jews in PA support Israel this is the USA, that's who they should support first and foremost. Don't get me wrong, I think the USA should support Israel and I don't trust the Saudis and other Middle East as far as I can throw an oil Derrek, they are fair weather friends. They are only interested in there own agendas. But enough on politics my bllod pressure is too high already. Let's get back to something important and worth all this typing like Saitos!

Has anyone ever taken two exact engines ran one of methanol and one on gasoline installed on the same or duplicate planes to show how they compare?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.