Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Welcome to Club SAITO !

Old 01-31-2023, 03:57 PM
Jesse Open

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by the Wasp View Post
Found It!!

Top Notch Product Company (topnotchkits.com)

LOLbuild me one too LOL

Jim
I ordered the Robinhood 25. I sure enjoyed that last one. Already have an O.S. FS 26 sitting here waiting for it.
Video filmed at the local , Flying Pilgrims Club field near Canton MI. Pretty sure our radial guru , Aaron AKA "Hyjinx" flys from that field.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4HINQSh_xcQ&embeds_euri=http%3A%2F%2Foldschoolmodels.com%2F&feature=emb_rel_pause

Last edited by Jesse Open; Yesterday at 05:26 AM.
Old Yesterday, 03:13 AM
1200SportsterRider

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Good on ya, my RH 25 is partially covered, I've got to get busy.

Old Today, 03:52 AM
1200SportsterRider

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Gary, Mark Lanterman at Old School Models has an interesting news letter you might be interested in. Just sign up near the bottom of this page: https://www.oldschoolmodels.com/index.htm

If it's not not one thing, it's another...

Well hello out there and what a start to the year it's been.

First off, orders are still coming in, keeping Lisa and I busy. That's a good thing and I thank all of you who've purchased an Old School Model Works kit for your winter project.

However, other things are keeping me hopping in other ways.

The first is I've had to switch to a new company to send out these emails. Seems as though we've grown large enough that our previous company was going to hit us with a big bump in pricing. So I've hurriedly moved as much as I could over to this new system. It works differently, and things might look a bit different right now, but hopefully it works!

Secondly, our supply of CA hinges has dried up and it’s taken a bit of time a negotiation to find a substitute. I’ve found another supplier that I hope will be a good replacement.

But the biggest problem has been the loss of Sig Mfg. There's a lot of rumors going around as to what's going on with them - well I can tell you that as of 1/31, they have ceased all manufacturing and what's left will be an importer of ARF kits, moving somewhere up in the Chicago area. That's a shame, as there's a massive history and knowledge base that's apparently going to be lost. As you may or may not know, I purchase a good deal of items from Sig which are included in our own kits. Some wood, landing gear (music) wire, nose gear assemblies, etc. Their shutdown has sent me scrambling to find other suppliers. I'm well on the way to solving some of these, but let's just say it's taking ALL of my free time to make sure things are still shipping on time.

With these changes, I'm going to be forced into making a small price increase across most of the kits. I hope no more than $5.00 or so. More on that next month.

I know I keep talking about what's next in the kit lineup, and it is coming. Actually, in spite of everything I’ve just mentioned, I've made some breakthroughs on how to do things, even building up some proof-of-concept assemblies. So, if I can get these supply problems fixed, and no others pop up, it's quite possible I'll start cutting parts to build the first prototype as early as this coming week. The ironic thing is this new design uses more music wire than many of the other kits - so the loss of my music wire supplier couldn't happen at a better time - UGH!

Anyway, enough of that. I do have something new for you this month, which follows below. It‘s our first ever sale of excess balsa wood. More on that below.

As always, thanks for your time and your continued support!

Last edited by 1200SportsterRider; Today at 04:01 AM. Reason: Add content
Old Today, 05:15 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Mark makes nice kits too!
Old Today, 05:40 AM
Glowgeek

Received 48 Likes on 48 Posts

Too bad all the commentary is linked to Insta-scam.