Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Club FOX!

Old 12-06-2019, 12:10 PM
kablake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two Used Fox Eagle IV 74 engines I purchased..

Both are different.... Found it interesting... Rebuilt both.. Different heads, carbs and cylinders...

Old 12-06-2019, 03:06 PM
hsukaria

Originally Posted by kablake View Post
Both are different.... Found it interesting... Rebuilt both.. Different heads, carbs and cylinders...

The first one with the cylinder fins extending to the exhaust port is the newer version. It has the EZJust single needle carb and higher nitro head button. The older version has the 2needle MkX carb and low nitro head button
Old 12-07-2019, 03:21 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yep. Small chamber head is the early version. These are actually friendlier - there is talk on Flitline about it. At least for the .40s which I’ve had many of. I had a trumpet shaped head which is the better high nitro shaped head to use. Bowl heads are generally better suited to low/moderate nitro amounts (up to 10% or so). Low nitro heads have wider squish bands with flatter angles, high nitro heads have narrower squish bands with a steeler squish angle.
Old 12-30-2019, 10:42 AM
duradad
My Feedback: (40)

Default Aldrich.. fox 40

Originally Posted by controlliner View Post
that liner needs to rotate to the right 90 degrees. The the exhaust port in the sleeve is in the rear port in the cylinder jacket.
hi. I saw an old post where you commented on a vintage fox 40 design that came from George Aldrich. I have an old Fox 40rc that doesnt look like other more common models. I was told it use to be an Aldrich design. Can you provide more info ? Please email me at [email protected].
thanks, Bob
Old 02-13-2020, 08:07 PM
gmeyers

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default luxtrox

Originally Posted by hsukaria View Post
Well I'm stumped. After loosening the case the last few days, I disassembled the shaft and bearings and put in New bearings after a thorough cleanup. But now the shaft is super draggy again. I must be doing something wrong.
​​​​​​I'm sending you some - sorry for the delay but I just ran across your post.
The following users liked this post:
hsukaria (02-14-2020)
Old 04-23-2020, 02:55 AM
Cougar429
My Feedback: (3)

Default Modified Eagle IV

I finally had the chance to run up a few engines from this winter, one being the Eagle IV 61 I modded with a Perry pump installed into the rear cover. This basically unitized what I had tried to work with in the G/P F-15 Eagle, but with the pump under a cover aft of the firewall making adjustments was problematic.

Was surprisingly easy to start, with the engine at mid-throttle to warm up a bit. Wide open was also pretty well defined and easy to adjust with the pump left alone.

Unfortunately idle proved too rich with no needle adjustment working before had to move on. Lessened pump output and will try again.

With Riches Brew 15% nitro and an MA 12/6 was able to get 13K, and that on an engine think not close to being broken in yet.

And that brings me to the point of this post. Any 2 and/or 3-blade prop recommendations?