Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Hangar 9 Alpha 40 prop nut

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 11:45 PM
cool pool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hangar 9 Alpha 40 prop nut

Just new to RC aircraft and I'm starting with a used Hangar 9 Alpha 40, only seven flights on it. I was practicing to tune the engine, low and high speed as per instructions, and when I tried to start it up again I noticed that the prop was loose. ( using electric start ) Took the spinner off and the prop nut was loose. Tightened it and it seems alright now. Question, how tight is tight on the nut, don't want to strip it ??? Also, would it be wise to replace the nut with a metal nut with a fiber locking feature, just like on real aircraft ?
Thanks in advance.
Wayne
Old 12-10-2005, 11:55 PM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Alpha 40 prop nut

Get a wrench and tighten that thing down. Remember, the crank is hardened steel, so you're not likely to strip that thing. The nut will strip before the crank does (should). Anyway, I use a regular boxed-end wrench and I crank down as tight as I can without driving the prop through my hand!