Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

OS engines users Club

Old 12-02-2019, 05:32 PM
aspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe the gears are stripped or a keyway is gone. I am not a 4 stroke buff for sure, never having to take mine apart, but it sounds like you have to open it up a bit anyway to see if the cam turns at least.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:46 PM
mirwin
My Feedback: (1)

aspeed,

It's always possible that the cam has gone flat but that wouldn't explain the zero compression.
I'm going to open it up tomorrow. I'll post here when I find the problem.

Thanks for the reply,
Mike
Old 12-16-2019, 10:39 PM
flyingagin

Hi all
I have a .46 SF that I pulled out of long term storage. Forgot I had the darn thing. Want to put it on a Super Sporster 40.
engine is grungy looking with baked on oil, But seems to have real good compression and is plenty free to turn over.
Problem is I am missing 4 bolts. The muffler mounting bolts (3mm) and the carb bolts. Don't know what size the carb bolts are, bigger than 3mm but 4mm is to big.
Iv'e hunted all over including taking the engine into Fastenal since I had other parts to find there anyway (replacement bearings for my drill press motor, success).
Finding 3mm bolts is easy except for finding long enough bolts. I have no clue on the carb bolts.
Any thoughts suggestions or anything?

Thanks
Ken
Old 12-17-2019, 01:22 AM
Stoneweapon

These bolts are 3,5mm.
​​​​​​
Old 12-17-2019, 06:52 AM
GallopingGhostler

Contact https://www.ebay.com/usr/shtterman or visit his store in the E-Bay link.
Old 12-17-2019, 07:56 AM
mirwin
My Feedback: (1)

Ken,

When I need hardware that I can't find anywhere else, I go to what I consider "the best hardware store in the sky": McMaster-Carr

I did a quick search on their website, and I'm pretty sure you'll find what you need.

As Stoneweapon wrote, all of the bolts you need are metric so make sure you know the metric dimensions of the bolts you need.

Their website is www.mcmaster.com

Mike