Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

OS engines users Club

Old 04-23-2020, 02:50 PM
  #951  
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)
 
FlyerInOKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 13,643
Received 166 Likes on 151 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by magyar4914 View Post
Thank you Jim for all of the information and suggestions. I think I saw something among his airplane things that look like maybe the exhaust pipes. I will take a picture and post so you can tell me if that's what they are. I don't want to get top price - just a fair price. Do you think ebay or rc universe would be a better place to post them? I'll try and post the pics in the next few days Thanks again for your help - much appeciated
I would post them on RC Groups they have a better setup and its free. Stuff sells pretty fast over there.
Old 04-23-2020, 06:06 PM
  #952  
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: VT
Posts: 5,197
Likes: 0
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

I agree, do put them on RC Groups, that place moves a lot of RC stuff, you can also put them on RCU.
I say ask for a money order, and cash it before you send the engine.
make sure you fill the box so the engine wont slap around in the box. specially if you sent the exhaust, be very careful with those exhaust pipes because they can be damaged very easily, so keep them away from the engine in the box. they are made from a thin aluminum

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/index.php

Jim
Old 04-23-2020, 06:57 PM
  #953  
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)
 
FlyerInOKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 13,643
Received 166 Likes on 151 Posts
Default

Specify a USPS Money Order it makes a difference.
Old 04-24-2020, 06:59 AM
  #954  
Gubling
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Sevilla, Spain
Posts: 4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I heated the engine in the oven and it freed fine! Came out much more 'glue' than what I thought there were. The piston, the block, sleeve and crankcase freed but the carburetor throttle body didn't but I think that's because I started with the engine and when I tried qith the carburetor it could have cooled a bit so I will try again. Now I have to take out the bearings and clean all very well to see their condition because this engine hasn't been used much.
Old 04-24-2020, 07:32 AM
  #955  
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)
 
FlyerInOKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 13,643
Received 166 Likes on 151 Posts
Default

Good to hear Gubling! You will have engine running in no time! Once you know how it is a pretty easy job.
Old 04-29-2020, 12:10 PM
  #956  
magyar4914
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: , OH
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Hi Jim. I've attached pictures of some tubes I found in the basement. Do they go to the engines I posted pictures of? I've also attached pictures of balsa wood. If you are interested I can take it out of the boxes and take better pictures. Also is there a market for the kraft controller?













Old 04-30-2020, 08:26 PM
  #957  
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: VT
Posts: 5,197
Likes: 0
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

EDITED

magyar4914
boy, you sure have a lot of Balsa, you better ask on the Scratch Build page for what it is worth. click my link..
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scr...gn-3d-cad-174/

as for the pipes, yes those are the pipes.

the 2 in the bottom photo: the 2 in the bottom photo look to be unused, or have very low time on them. I don't know there brands. but Mack is one of the biggest brands, but Mack's are not made any more !! those 2 could have sold new for $70 to $160 depending on the brand and what size engine they were made for. do you have the Boxes they came in, the part number will help.
click my link, you should ask on RCU's Extreme Speed page (just post the 2 in the bottom photo), you sure do not want to sell those 2 too cheap. if you decide you just want to unload them ask $70 for the bottom one and $50 for the one above it, you pay the shipping.
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ext...op-planes-104/

see Mack prices here,
https://www.mecoa.biz/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=202

remember, the engines you showed us in your photos were 15cc, that is .91c.i.d. (.91 cubic inch displacement) "<do not get that mixed up with .019" (.019 is very small !!)

the pipe in the middle is well used. sell it for what you can get, maybe ask $25 and you pay the shipping.. maybe some one could clean it up.
the black one in the top photo, it's used too. ask $35,, you pay the shipping..
the Silver one in the first photo I have not seen before, I believe it is an older muffled pipe, not sure tho. but it looks clean and unused, maybe ask $40 and you pay the shipping or first ask on the Extreme Speed page too.
if they don't sell in the time you want them to sell then re-post them and lower the prices $10. but as I said, if the 2 in the bottom photo are a good brand and for a 15cc (.91) engine they would sell new today for $70 to $160 each

EDIT> just know when you post, add the length of each pipe in the post, and if you can add the Diameter too.

the Radios are old, I don't know what they are worth.

Jim

.

Last edited by the Wasp; 05-01-2020 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:41 AM
  #958  
magyar4914
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: , OH
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by the Wasp View Post
EDITED

magyar4914
boy, you sure have a lot of Balsa, you better ask on the Scratch Build page for what it is worth. click my link..
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scr...gn-3d-cad-174/

as for the pipes, yes those are the pipes.

the 2 in the bottom photo: the 2 in the bottom photo look to be unused, or have very low time on them. I don't know there brands. but Mack is one of the biggest brands, but Mack's are not made any more !! those 2 could have sold new for $70 to $160 depending on the brand and what size engine they were made for. do you have the Boxes they came in, the part number will help.
click my link, you should ask on RCU's Extreme Speed page (just post the 2 in the bottom photo), you sure do not want to sell those 2 too cheap. if you decide you just want to unload them ask $70 for the bottom one and $50 for the one above it, you pay the shipping.
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ext...op-planes-104/

see Mack prices here,
https://www.mecoa.biz/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=202

remember, the engines you showed us in your photos were 15cc, that is .91c.i.d. (.91 cubic inch displacement) "<do not get that mixed up with .019" (.019 is very small !!)

the pipe in the middle is well used. sell it for what you can get, maybe ask $25 and you pay the shipping.. maybe some one could clean it up.
the black one in the top photo, it's used too. ask $35,, you pay the shipping..
the Silver one in the first photo I have not seen before, I believe it is an older muffled pipe, not sure tho. but it looks clean and unused, maybe ask $40 and you pay the shipping or first ask on the Extreme Speed page too.
if they don't sell in the time you want them to sell then re-post them and lower the prices $10. but as I said, if the 2 in the bottom photo are a good brand and for a 15cc (.91) engine they would sell new today for $70 to $160 each

EDIT> just know when you post, add the length of each pipe in the post, and if you can add the Diameter too.

the Radios are old, I don't know what they are worth.

Jim

.
Jim, thanks so much for taking the time to respond with so much information and detail. I sincerely appreciate it as I am totally in the dark on this. Hope you have a great day. I live near Cleveland, OH and we had a beautiful weekend but only going to be in the 50's this week. The weather just doesn't want to breal/
Old 06-06-2020, 05:25 AM
  #959  
Hyjinx
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 849
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Default


Hey all I need help with identifying this OS carb. It is being used on a old original German Seidel 770 radial engine. It ran poorly upon first start up ( used engine, no history) mid range ok, but no low speed or wot After disassemblly and cleaning. I now have a reasonable low speed operation but the engine still dies upon wot. And won't idle reliably without glow plugs ignited externally during idle or it will quit. Anyone know this carb and adjustment procedures? Thanks
Old 06-17-2020, 07:40 PM
  #960  
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: san francisco, CA
Posts: 4,177
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

so a little info.
I have 2 older 120 pumped surpass engines that I am planning on rebuilding/replacing the bearings, both I got used, one is in really good condition although I suspect it needs new bearings and a cleaning because its been sitting for several years, and is really stiff to turn over, the little paint dots on the pump are intact and the back pump screw appears unmolested there is a note in the instructions that says specifically to not mess with this screw as its set at the factory, this pump I'm not worried about.

engine #2 I have torn this one down bearings were replaced incorrectly by the previous owner and were very rusty, carb appears clogged and I will disassemble and clean, the biggie is the back screw on the pump has been messed with and the old paint dots are missing, it looks as though the previous owner was having trouble tuning the engine and tried to mess with the pump,there are fixes for these older pump problems by doing a little plumbing of the fuel lines I'm not too worried about that .

is there a way to reset this screw to the correct pressure position without sending it in to a maintenance shop, we used to be able to send engines to towerhobbies but with the sale of hobbico, and the age of the engine if I can adjust it myself I will just do it myself.
I did put the pump screw in the position corresponding to the depth and position of engine #1 but who knows if this is correct or not, and secondly are there any specific cautions for tearing down the carburetor or just be careful and put it back together the way you found it just cleaner than it was.
I posted this in OS engine support and have gotten zero response I would be glad to send it to someone to reset it but it seems like such a simple component it should be pretty strait forward with the correct tools.
Old 06-18-2020, 06:17 AM
  #961  
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)
 
Hobbsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Colonial Beach, VA
Posts: 20,370
Likes: 0
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC View Post
I would post them on RC Groups they have a better setup and its free. Stuff sells pretty fast over there.
I just sold four engines in the RCU Market Place, it requires no more effort than making a post here. And making an offer is exactly the same as making a post here, or a PM if you prefer. It's free here also.
Old 06-18-2020, 06:36 AM
  #962  
hsukaria
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dearborn, MI
Posts: 3,216
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Hobbsy View Post
I just sold four engines in the RCU Market Place, it requires no more effort than making a post here. And making an offer is exactly the same as making a post here, or a PM if you prefer. It's free here also.
Only thing is shipping with USPS has been super slow. I guess the lockdown is affecting delivery times.
Old 06-18-2020, 06:40 AM
  #963  
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)
 
Hobbsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Colonial Beach, VA
Posts: 20,370
Likes: 0
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Default

Each of the four arrived when the Tracking number said, three days except the one that went to California. I figured that was pretty good.
Old 06-18-2020, 07:00 AM
  #964  
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)
 
FlyerInOKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 13,643
Received 166 Likes on 151 Posts
Default

UPS has been slow for me in certain areas and normal in other areas. I have seen the samething with the USPS so I expect the causes are things outside of their control.
Old 06-18-2020, 07:39 AM
  #965  
GallopingGhostler
 
GallopingGhostler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Clovis, NM
Posts: 2,232
Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts
Default

Benefits of living in a rural area, even though a package says 2 or 3 day guarantee delivery, we get it in 4 to 5 days. Covid19 has slowed things may be a day or two extra. I look to the positive. When I lived in Hawaii back in the 1970's, USPS surface took 4 weeks. I did the BC thing of letting my order drift out on a log in the outgoing tide, then after so many moons, see it come drifting back with a box on it in the evening.

Old 09-10-2020, 04:30 AM
  #966  
Hyjinx
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 849
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Default

Hey all
I want to but a os carb new. Horizon hobby has a pathetic parts availability list.
Who stocks a full line if OS parts and may carry nos parts as well as current OS engine parts?
"Buy"
Old 09-10-2020, 05:11 PM
  #967  
GallopingGhostler
 
GallopingGhostler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Clovis, NM
Posts: 2,232
Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Hyjinx View Post
I want to but a os carb new. Horizon hobby has a pathetic parts availability list. Who stocks a full line if OS parts and may carry nos parts as well as current OS engine parts? "Buy"
Check with shtterman (Bob Brooks) on E-Bay. If he doesn't have it in his store, message him, he may still have it.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:15 PM
  #968  
Hyjinx
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 849
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by GallopingGhostler View Post
Check with shtterman (Bob Brooks) on E-Bay. If he doesn't have it in his store, message him, he may still have it.
Will do.
Thank you Sir
Old 09-18-2020, 02:39 AM
  #969  
1QwkSport2.5r
 
1QwkSport2.5r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 10,252
Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts
Default

Try RCJapan also. They tend to be a good resource for old discontinued OS parts that aren’t easily found from the USA distribution network.
Old 12-06-2020, 10:05 AM
  #970  
Hyjinx
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 849
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Default



A quick laugh OS style!
Old 12-06-2020, 10:55 AM
  #971  
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)
 
FlyerInOKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 13,643
Received 166 Likes on 151 Posts
Default

Now we know why your club mates run and hide when you pull in!
Old 12-07-2020, 05:21 AM
  #972  
Hyjinx
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 849
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC View Post
Now we know why your club mates run and hide when you pull in!
Most line up BEHIND the fence LOL.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:27 AM
  #973  
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)
 
FlyerInOKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 13,643
Received 166 Likes on 151 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Hyjinx View Post
Most line up BEHIND the fence LOL.

At least they don't coward underneath the cars in the parking lot!
Old 01-06-2021, 08:55 PM
  #974  
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)
 
FlyerInOKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 13,643
Received 166 Likes on 151 Posts
Default

Would anyone here know where I can fin a intake tube for a pre Surpass 1.20 4 cycle?

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2021, 06:56 PM
  #975  
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: VT
Posts: 5,197
Likes: 0
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

I say go ask on RCGroups engine classified page

Jim

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.