Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Plumbing ??

Old 04-10-2006, 05:40 PM
perdo
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plumbing ??

I have aquired a twin engine stick type plane with a pair of ST .29's on it they have the tanks mounted behind them and muffler on the engines, they also have a perry pump for each engine. The pump has a line from the engine crankcase to the pump and then the line from the tank to the pump, and from pump to Carb. there is also a line from the tank to the outside and not attached to anything... Someone explain this plumbing to me...

Thanks Don//
Old 04-10-2006, 06:11 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Plumbing ??

You just explained it to us. What more is there to say.
[*]The line from the crankcase to the pump is a pressure impulse line that runs the pump.
[*]The pump draws fuel from the tank and delivers it to the carb.
[*]The tank is vented to the atmosphere with the line that doesn't connect to anything.
[*]To fill the tank, disconnect the line on the pump that comes from the tank. Refill your tank through this line then reconnect.[ul]
[/ul]
Old 04-12-2006, 03:14 PM
perdo
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Plumbing ??

W8YE,

That is want I thought but wanted someone older than me to confirm it.

Thanks for the heads up and glad to know we are brothers from the same alma mater

Don//