Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

think a tower 75 at 90$ is great? what about a mag 91 at 63$ then???

Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

think a tower 75 at 90$ is great? what about a mag 91 at 63$ then???

Old 08-29-2006, 01:06 PM
asmund

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default think a tower 75 at 90$ is great? what about a mag 91 at 63$ then???

Hi you all, I just discovered a really cheap website I want to share. I have nothing to do with it other than beeing an extremely satisfied customer.(don`t even start: he is on the payroll...) I just got a big 26cc plane and some servos and stuff from them, took only 8 days.(I only paid 17$ shipping all the way to Norway and no additional tax) I dont really need a new glow engine right now, but when I do it will be from them. Look at the prices I just got an e-mail from peak saying that the the site is expanding and will carry more products in some time, like os, ys, radios etc... Check it out at: http://www.peakmodel.com/ By the way, Sanye is the same as magnum, says so at the bottom of the site. I hope this wasn`t to misplaced and you appreciate this as it include glow engines

Edited to fix the link.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:10 PM
Matthew Allen

Default RE: think a tower 75 at 90$ is great? what about a mag 91 at 63$ then???

From what I can deduce, this appears to be another Hong Kong warehouse outfit, though the business address they give is in New Zealand. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, though my experience with Asia-based suppliers has been a little patchy. Still, those prices are fantastic - anyone else dealt with them?

Matthew
Old 08-30-2006, 11:44 PM
XJet
Banned

Default RE: think a tower 75 at 90$ is great? what about a mag 91 at 63$ then???

I ordered an electric RTF from them about 10 days ago (the website said they still had 12 in stock) but received an email after I paid advising me that they actually had no stock and I'd hve to wait two weeks for new product to arrive.

They did however, offer to refund my payment or throw in an extra LiPo by way of compensation -- so I opted to wait.

This means that my order ought to arrive near the end of next week -- I'll reserve judgement until then ;-)
Old 08-31-2006, 02:03 AM
orcrest

Are those prices on the website in USD or something else?

Cheers

Da Orc
Old 08-31-2006, 02:12 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Orc:

To try them out I ordered two of the 91 engines. The total charge, includikng shipping here, $160.47 making the cost right at $80 each. And that is USD.

Bill.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:50 AM
orcrest

Ta Bill
Old 08-31-2006, 06:24 AM
Ross Kean

I just checked the website and they are listing the Sanye S91A at $82.30. Has the price jumped by $20? (Still a pretty good price but with shipping and probably no domestic warranty, it is hardly overwhelming!) Might be worth looking at some of the aluminum spinners on the site.

Ross
Old 08-31-2006, 09:14 AM
asmund

I was just about to order a 91 myself and noticed the sudden increase as well. I e-mailed him about this yesterday but haven`t got an answer to this yet. Well it is still cheap so I think I will place another order and get this 91 and some props and stuff. I just hope he will stock up on all the goods that is sold out
Old 09-07-2006, 03:44 AM
William Robison

All:

Got my two SY 91 engines Wednesday. One was an ASP S91AR, the other was a Magnum XLS91A, both complete with boxes and tools, but no instructions or warranty cards.

Not worried about the instructions or the warranty, other than the cast-in brand markers and one other “Small” item, they are identical. Neither has the bits for conversion to remote needles, I don’t like remote needles anyhow. No loss.

High quality engines, nicely fitted, both have chrome plated liners and both ends of the con rods have bronze bushes, and a locating pin to be certain the sleeve is in the correct position. No trash in either engine. Nice.

But. The ASP’s chromed sleeve is steel, with a ringed piston. The Magnum is a true ABC. I ordered these engines for a new twin, I didn’t think they would not send a matched pair so I did not specify such.

Does anyone have a new or near new example of either of these engines to trade for one NIB? Or maybe a new piston and liner set of either type available?

I would go back to Peak Model about it, but their website has gone off somewhere. Trying to get in contact with the company that shipped the engines (GuangXingLong Trade Co. Ltd) has not been successful.

Bill.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:11 AM
William Robison

Finally got in the back door, left a message.

The listed address is:
PEAKMODEL SHOP
81 Totaravale Dr, Glenfield, Auckland
New Zealand
TEL:0064-21-2699822
But the packge ws shipped from the city of Shantou, China. Not far from Hong Kong.

We’ll see what happens.

Bill.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:24 AM
William Robison

Correct URL for PeakModel is:
http://www.peakmodel.com/index.php?main_page=index

Bill.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:16 AM
Harry Lagman

ORIGINAL: William Robison

Finally got in the back door, left a message.

The listed address is:
PEAKMODEL SHOP
81 Totaravale Dr, Glenfield, Auckland
New Zealand
TEL:0064-21-2699822
But the packge ws shipped from the city of Shantou, China. Not far from Hong Kong.

We’ll see what happens.

Bill.
Bill,

This is about 15 minutes drive from my home. If it needs face to face contact, let me know.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:15 AM
William Robison

Harry:

Thanks for the offer, I’ll keep it in mind. However, I did get them on line, they say they will send a replacement piston and sleeve set so I can match the engines.

Sounds good to me.

Bill.