Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

OS 160fx mid range

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 04:30 PM
riat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 160fx mid range

I have got an OS 160 fx on perry pump and tuned pipe with APC18x6W consitently turnng at 8800rpm max .

Top end is very good and the idle is perfect.

Problem is in the air the mid range gets rich, Throttle response is very slow at mid range and engine gurgles in a very rich setting. It settles when the throttle is opened to full. It does not seem to do this on the ground.

I Would appreciate your comments
Old 12-09-2006, 06:30 PM
Flyer95
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: OS 160fx mid range

Are you using the Perry VP-30? the pressure adjust it has affects the midrange. Have you tried a lower pump pressure?
Old 12-09-2006, 07:19 PM
gjeffers

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ive just finished figuring out this very problem with my new 160, its that the low speed needs to be leaned out a bit, mine did the same and i started leaning out the low end about 1/8 turn at a time, each time it got a little better, just do it untill you get a clean transistion and it will be a monster all the way through the full range, mine runs great now.

good luck!
Old 12-10-2006, 01:29 AM
Checklst

Thanks gjffers I might give it a try, I have a well used 160 on the same plane for years and it loads at mid range(a little) just for fun a few months back I gave it full throttle to clear it out, and flipped it inverted and flew it about 4 times around the field,"it stopped the slight mid range blubber" the tank center line is about 1/4 higher than the carb center. It never was a big enough of a problem to move the tank a 1/4 inch, but a low end lean out is not much trouble for a test.