https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/modelwatch-222

100%
Old 03-29-2020, 11:31 PM
PatternFlyer
My Feedback: (182)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G21 29 RV manual & muffler

Does anyone have a manual for G21 29RV?
I have a disassembled engine. Backplate has disk plate.
I don't know which slot the crankshaft pin supposed go.

Also, is there a muffler or tuned pipe to fit on this engine?
2 sets of mounting. one set inside for bolt on (with threads) are 26mm apart. the other set for bold through is 40mm apart.

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you,

Last edited by PatternFlyer; 03-29-2020 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:15 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First, the engine is designed to run with a mini-pipe, so some sort of tuned exhaust system is mandatory. Mufflers will not work on the engine. Mount the back plate with the pin in the slot that is at the 2 o'clock position in the photo you displayed.
The engine is designed to run in a B Speed class control-line speed plane. I will not work successfully in an r/c plane with a muffler system, nor is it throttleable.

Unloaded, running on the correct style prop, the engine is capable of exceeding 32,000 rpm. If you know anyone that flies control-line speed in your area, contact them.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:50 PM
PatternFlyer
My Feedback: (182)

Originally Posted by Lifer View Post
First, the engine is designed to run with a mini-pipe, so some sort of tuned exhaust system is mandatory. Mufflers will not work on the engine. Mount the back plate with the pin in the slot that is at the 2 o'clock position in the photo you displayed.
The engine is designed to run in a B Speed class control-line speed plane. I will not work successfully in an r/c plane with a muffler system, nor is it throttleable.

Unloaded, running on the correct style prop, the engine is capable of exceeding 32,000 rpm. If you know anyone that flies control-line speed in your area, contact them.
Lifer,
Thank you for the reply.
I've searched for muffler or tuned pipe for the engine without any luck. not even a picture of the engine with tuned pipe or at least a header.
Any suggestion? The engine doesn't worth much because it doesn't have the ventury/needle set for it as control line. I also couldn't find any carburetor at 11mm OD on mounting. Found one that was for old Veco a while ago on auction, but didn't win.

Any suggestion on prop size also?
Old 03-30-2020, 11:35 PM
Lifer

It's been a long time since I was around the speed fliers, but I think a .29rv engine would use a 7.5x10 Rev-Up prop. There's nothing like that available these days. The engine is a collectors item. If there is a MECA chapter in your area, contact a member for more details.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:23 AM
Lifer

Here's an example of the style of airplane that used this engine:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254423908168
The following users liked this post:
PatternFlyer (03-31-2020)
Old 03-31-2020, 07:49 AM
aspeed

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the Macs pipe 2380 is listed to fit from the Mecoa site. I doubt that it is in stock but you never know. http://www.mecoa.com/acc/pipes/mac/headerside.htm This looks like it may be pretty old, before the schnuerle days, so I doubt anything over 24,000 rpm would be possible or wise. It is doubtful that anyone would use it for any speed event now. That was the time when pipes were fairly new on the scene. A carb would have to be made up or an adaptor which is not a big deal. Eliminator Props may have a high pitch prop that could work for speed. Otherwise, an 8-7 might be a place to start. http://eliminatorprops.com/store/ind...dex&cPath=1_30

Last edited by aspeed; 03-31-2020 at 08:01 AM.
The following users liked this post:
PatternFlyer (03-31-2020)
Old 04-05-2020, 04:18 PM
downunder

There's a test of a slightly earlier version of yours here. The difference mainly being no muffler/pipe ears on the exhaust and a plastic disc valve instead of what seems to be metal on yours with a much smaller pin driving the valve. The two slots in the valve is for having the inlet either on top or bottom when fitted to the crankcase. As shown in your pic the inlet would be at the bottom position so it would use the (shiny) slot at the 8 o'clock mark. Although it's not Schneurle ported it uses the ST patented TST porting which is just as effective as Schneurle.