Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Who all sells Fox engines?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 09:40 AM
on pipe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who all sells Fox engines?

Does anyone sell Fox engines other than the Fox factory? I have a .25bb that needs rebuilt and the parts are going to be 60$-70$ I thought I might as well get a whole new engine if I could find one reasonably. Fox wants 126$ and change for one. Are there any better deals out there? Ross
Old 01-09-2007, 10:25 AM
GWILLIE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Who all sells Fox engines?

Fox will rebuild your engine or you can trade it in for 50% of list price, $63. Call them at 1-479-646-1656 and talk to them about your engine, they may repair it for less than the trade in. You can actually send them ANY ENGINE and they will take it on trade and sell you a new one for 50% of list.

Talk to them, they are nice folks in THE USA!!
Old 01-09-2007, 10:27 AM
GWILLIE

You can also try Brodak's or Lone Star Balsa. Both are easy to Google up. While primarily control line suppliers, they carry some RC stuff and carry Fox products.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:09 AM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go with the Fox deal your best bet no hassels super folks to deal with I know have done it martin
Old 01-09-2007, 12:32 PM
on pipe

GW and DD, thanks for the fast reply. I wasn't aware of Foxes trade-in deal, 50% is a killer deal. I'll have to dig out all of my old crappers and box them up! Lets see, that .45bb sure looks nice... Ross
Old 01-09-2007, 12:36 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: on pipe

GW and DD, thanks for the fast reply. I wasn't aware of Foxes trade-in deal, 50% is a killer deal. I'll have to dig out all of my old crappers and box them up! Lets see, that .45bb sure looks nice... Ross

---------------

Um, the last time that I dealt with them in this fashion, it was not a trade-in. They actually rebuild your engine, if feasible. If not feasible, then they might send you a new engine for the same money as the rebuild. It depends. Still a good deal though.

Ed Cregger
Old 01-09-2007, 01:09 PM
on pipe

I got on Foxes website and found this; If your Fox engine does need repair, however, we repair them in a timely fashion. Remember Fox engines are built in the USA, so you can telephone us at 1-479-646-1656 and talk to our experts about your engine. If the repair needed is Fox's fault, we repair the engine for free. If not, we charge a minimum of $20 for glow engines and $50 for gas engines, or the price of the parts which ever is more. Also remember that Fox has a trade-in policy which allows you to trade-in any engine regardless of make and purchase a glow fuel engine at 50% off Retail Price. This trade-in does not apply to gas engines.
I think I'll get on the horn and confirm this info and ask the stipulations on a trade-in. (what sizes are accepted, etc...)
It still almost sounds to good to be true! The way these things run and last forever, I'm thinking Ogawa who? No more peeled liners for me! Ross
Old 01-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

OP, Sharen at Fox called me this PM and re-affirmed all that was said above, I had left her a message this AM, forgot about the time difference. I have a beater K&B .65 here that may get traded in for a Fox .74.

This website is a new one and if any of you see something that needs corrected or changed they would appreciate a call.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:50 PM
on pipe

Hobbsy, thanks for scouting that out for me! I didn't get a chance to call at work and it was too late after I got home. If you ever make it to Omaha I'll have to buy you a beer. Good news. Now, I better get started packing old engines! Ross
Old 01-09-2007, 09:21 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: Hobbsy

OP, Sharen at Fox called me this PM and re-affirmed all that was said above, I had left her a message this AM, forgot about the time difference. I have a beater K&B .65 here that may get traded in for a Fox .74.

This website is a new one and if any of you see something that needs corrected or changed they would appreciate a call.

--------------

Well, there you go. Things do change over time. But it still sounds like a good deal.

Ed Cregger
Old 01-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Sport_Pilot

That is a greater differance than Mecoa's 25% discount for trade in. But Mecoa has lower retail prices, they also do not do this on all of their engines. I will probably get the Fox .60 sometime in the future if I do SPA as planned. If not then the Fox .74.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:41 AM
RCPAUL
My Feedback: (1)

I think first you should go to this web site and look at all the problems Fox has/ is having with their engines.

http://www.flitelinesolutions.com/

I just fixed a Fox 40 Delux for a friend that would not run almost at all out of the box. The slot in the crankcase was leaking air into the carb.

Personally, I would not buy another FOX no matter what the price - and I've had several over the years.

Paul
Old 01-10-2007, 10:01 AM
GWILLIE

Flitelines is an excellent site, but separate the problems FOX IS HAVING, from problems FOX HAD. If you have a FOX that will not run out a tank of fuel out of the box, return it to FOX. They are very fast on turn arounds.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Sport_Pilot

Most of those items are how to get some Fox's to run on high nitro fuel, after mufflers, and old manuals. I have had very little trouble with Fox engines. Just need to know what fuel and plug for most of them. The Fox .60 is one of the best sixty motors out there.

The slot in the crankcase was leaking air into the carb.
Must have been an older non deluxe one. Pretty sure the slot was on the older plain bearing versions, not the BB versions. I saw one at our field a month or so ago and it ran fine.

If it is new I would recommend taking advantage of their lifetime warranty, as GWILLE suggested.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Paul, you're way behind the times. Had is the operative word.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:53 AM
RCPAUL
My Feedback: (1)

Sorry Hobbsy - I disagree. The Fox 40 I fixed is current product and it had the grove in the crankcase. Engine would not run. Go to the website I listed.

Again - a Fox is a pig in a poke.

Paul