Value of these Glow engines?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 11:58 AM
Grizak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Value of these Glow engines?

Hi everyone,

Wondering if any of you can help me out. I'm helping a friend sell these glow engines and I would like to know what the fair market value of them are, I'm more into gas engines, and I haven't kept up to date on pricing of glow engines. Many of these are new in the box, never run. I have looked up the value of some of these from retailers brand new, but I'm wondering about what they may be worth on the second hand market (Here on RCU, Ebay, swap meets, etc). Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated:

List of Engines:

GMS .47 (Rear Needle) New in Box, Never run
Super Tigre G61 Ringed (Made in Italy) New In box, Never run
OS 46AX New in box, Never run
Super Tigre GS45 (Made in Italy) Used -Excellent Condition
Saito FA-50 Used -Excellent Condition
Saito FA-91 Used - Excellent Condition
MDS .61 Used - Excellent Condition
Saito FA-180 Golden Knight - New In Box, Never run
Saito FA-180 Golden Knight - Used - Excellent Condition
Evolution .46NTS New in box, Never Run

The "Used" engines really are in excellent condition, very clean and great compression. The used engines have 1 - 2 gallons of fuel through them.

Thanks,

Grizak
Old 01-29-2007, 12:02 PM
Runway

Default RE: Value of these Glow engines?

Why not search on Ebay for completed bargains, in each of the engines. That'll give you an idea of what buyers have paid recently
Old 01-29-2007, 12:08 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Runway

Why not search on Ebay for completed bargains, in each of the engines. That'll give you an idea of what buyers have paid recently

------------

What Runway said and consider the fact that soon folks will begin receiving their tax refund checks and will be willing to spend a bit more money for things. Have your friend wait a month or so and then list them on eBay.

I just ended some auctions early because the money wasn't there and I'm not giving stuff away just to clear a space. The items will go back up for auction when the refund checks start arriving at various homes.

Ed Cregger
Old 01-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Grizak

Runway,

I have searched through Ebay for Completed items, but I find the prices are all over the map (For example: you'll see a Saito 50 sell for between $80 - $200 That's a pretty big difference). The way Ebay is setup now, you really only get to look through about the last 60 days of completed auctions. In many cases that really doesn't give you a good sense of the value or going rate for specialty products like glow engines.

Grizak

Old 01-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Runway

Grizak
Yes, I agree there is a wide range of prices - however, doesn't this just reflect the wide range of quality that you see on Ebay - and also the quality of the sellers [ie look at the feedback scores - some you'd never want to deal with!!!].

Also -and forgive me if you know this already - If you have a good feedback score yourself and you take the time to make a good attempt at an honest description, then my experience is that good prices usually result. I also find that having an 'end-time' for each ,transaction sometime in the later evening hours also is of benefit - it allows those who are out at work all day to bid after they get home.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:43 PM
Cyclic Hardover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the 180 NIB is close to a $400 engine but people want a deal too. Maybe $325-$350 if you want to sell it quick. if you stay to close to retail, then people woiuld rather get it from a dealer
Old 01-29-2007, 02:21 PM
MikeL

Use the "RCU Book" feature here in the Market section.