Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Suggestions for OS 160fx muffler

Old 04-08-2007, 09:16 PM
aerocom20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions for OS 160fx muffler

Gday all
I am looking for suggestions on different types of mufflers that would suit an OS160FX engine. Other than the bisson or slimline mufflers. My preference is that it is an in cowl type like a canister type muffler that is used on gas engines.
Thanks in advance
adrian
Old 04-09-2007, 12:04 AM
alan0899

Default RE: Suggestions for OS 160fx muffler

G'day Mate,
I'm flying the OS 160FX, I use a Bisson Pitts style muffler, in a CMPro Katana, mounted sideways, 16 x 10 APC prop, perfect.
What's wrong with Bisson mufflers?
Old 04-09-2007, 03:24 AM
aerocom20

Hi Allan, i was staying away from the Bisson because i wanted a very quiet system and i think that the Bission is a little crackley,

Thanks for your suggestion i had the same set-up as your Katana and its really good set-up

Thanks
Adrian
Old 04-09-2007, 04:41 AM
Don M.
My Feedback: (5)

Order the Bisson muffler for the OS BGX 3500 ( a bit larger but fits ) and get Bisson to put a baffle in it ( I've heard they will do that ). If weight is not a problem buy a double snuffler from J'tec. I had one and you can hardly hear the motor noise but it weighed 18 ozs [X(]

The OS 160 was my last 2 - stroke glow engine. It was one of the best running engines but like you I could not stand the noise and the snuffler was just too heavy for everything I wanted to put it in so I sold the whole outfit. I now have only 4 - strokes and the occasion gas ( can't stand the noise of them either ). I just bought a double snuffler for my Brison 2.4 to try and quiet it down. That muffler only weighs 12 ozs. - go figure.

Of course if you want to go really exotic put a muffled tuned pipe on it. We had a guy flying in our area with a tuned pipe on a 160 and another small muffler attached to that. Sounded like an electric.