Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

maby that's perry?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 12:53 AM
bako

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maby that's perry?

hello. i have mag91rfs engine. I use 10% nitro fuel with 18% oil content. (80 sinth and 20 castor)
i have the problem: when i set up needle on ground, it needs too leaning needle too much to operate normally in air. if i'll richen it up a bit, then if flight it hesitates and becomes too rich. (i meantioned, this is only on full throtile, not in midle)
I use perry oscilating pump. i'v thinking, that pump is giving too much fuel with high flow on high needle and thjis somehow reacts.
then i almost closed the pump, helped a bit, but not enough. can u advise something? pump is going mad
used it, cause my fuel tank is on CG of plane, and without it engine can't get fuel.
had no such problem, when was flying without pump.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: maby that's perry?

ORIGINAL: bako

hello. i have mag91rfs engine. I use 10% nitro fuel with 18% oil content. (80 sinth and 20 castor)
i have the problem: when i set up needle on ground, it needs too leaning needle too much to operate normally in air. if i'll richen it up a bit, then if flight it hesitates and becomes too rich. (i meantioned, this is only on full throtile, not in midle)
I use perry oscilating pump. i'v thinking, that pump is giving too much fuel with high flow on high needle and thjis somehow reacts.
then i almost closed the pump, helped a bit, but not enough. can u advise something? pump is going mad
used it, cause my fuel tank is on CG of plane, and without it engine can't get fuel.
had no such problem, when was flying without pump.
As I recall you want to tune the engine with the oump bypassed. Then you insert the pump in the fuel system and make sure it will deliver enough fuel so that you can get the engine to 4 cycle by use of the hi-spd needle. The adjustment on the pump controls pump VOLUME, more than pressure. All that said, it sound like you need to lean the low end.

CR
Old 07-27-2007, 12:45 PM
bako

you man low speed needle of engine? but this problem aquares on full throtiel. yes, i know, that low speed needle reacts even on 50%+ throtile, but on full? [X(]
Old 07-27-2007, 02:52 PM
P-40 DRIVER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put a Cline regulator on it and get rid of the pump might work better.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:18 PM
onewasp

I'm with P-40 DRIVER!
Old 07-28-2007, 01:05 AM
bako

i don't have local stores here. i live in republic of georgia. to order cline i need money and time to recieve it
Old 07-28-2007, 07:51 AM
gunfighterII

You need to lean the low end as stated.

Lean the low speed 1/8th turn, repeak the HS, go to idle and if it idles for 30 seconds or more, repeat,
continue this until the engine will not sustain an idle for 30 seconds.
When you reach this point richen LS 1/8th turn and then repeak HS and back off 150 to 300 rpm and your ready to go.

This was the set-up used on the regular Perry pump not the Oscillating pump, I'm not sure which you have. Might be different.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:23 PM
bako

i have oscillating. i'll try low needle.
omg, i thout that wasn't problem at all, due to wonderfull low rpm responses and ....