Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Thunder Tiger F-75s

Old 02-17-2008, 08:20 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Thunder Tiger F-75s

Ed,

Nice looking engine. I've been looking at this engine, just can't make up my mind on what plane. Maybe the GP Reactor. Looks like the 13X6 prop would be a midrange prop to use. There is not a whole lot of talk about the TT 4 stroke engines. I've always liked Saito or OS and don't mind paying for a good quality engine but, on the other hand the TT 4 strokes look very well made with a nice price that comes with it. How is this engine on break-in? Just a few tanks of fuel and it's ready to go like a Saito or OS or is it a longer break-in?
Old 02-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Zippi: I also have 4 Saitos and several Magnum 4-strokes. Right now I have five 6 oz tanks through the 75, just under a quarter of a gallon, and it seems to be running well. I did read in another thread that it does take a gallon or so for it to reach max rpm. My Saitos were like this, too, gaining rpm as I flew them. It is fairly light, like the Saito .72, it hand starts easily and it comes with a bunch of tools. I haven't seen a problem yet. I'll know better after seaplane season gets here, around April, and I get to try it in the air.

CustomPC: Those figures look good. I would imagine that engine had more time on it than mine. 30 ounces isn't very much. I would expect mine to gain a few hundred rpm as I fly it. Looks like a 13-7 APC would keep the rpm right at 10,000, or the 13-6 and run it slightly rich.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Can't seem to find an inverted pitts style muffler for this engine. Maybe one for another engine might fit, just don't know. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 04-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Billy Buckner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ed, I just received my Thunder Tiger FS .75. My problem is I haven't bee able to find an engine mount the engine will fit on. What did you use in your plane? Many thanks for your help. BVB
Old 04-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

I am using a Great Planes .40-.70 size adjustable mount. It's the same one I use for .46 size engines.

If you aren't going to use it for the nose gear mount, you can grind the upper nose gear hole off and slide the engine back another quarter inch.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74308.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	920139   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45386.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	920140  
Old 04-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Billy Buckner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I'll try this - may have to box out the firewall to have the engine far enough forward. I have an OS 70 Dave Brown mount but it is too wide for the TT.