Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Norvel Big Mig .25 vs OS .25FX

Old 05-13-2003, 06:55 PM
RBacio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Norvel Big Mig .25 vs OS .25FX

Anyone know which of these motors has more torque? The Bhp ratings are about the same, the Big Mig edging out the FX by.1 Bhp. The Norvel also weighs in at over 2oz. lighter than the FX. The FX revs higher and cuts more air with a 9/6 prop vs a 9/4 for the Mig.
What I really want to know is which of these motors is gonna pull my 25 size Tequila Sunrise through the mud so to speak.
Yeah I know all about the 32 sx, but I think that borders on insanity. (including the price!)
I know there are alot of OS fans out there, as well Norvel fans. I'd rather have the REAL scoop and not Ford vs. Chevy.
Thanks...
Old 05-13-2003, 08:14 PM
IXLR8
My Feedback: (55)

How about an Irvine 39, same size as the 32 but with more power and cheaper. Along the lines of the 25FX in price.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:10 PM
RBacio

Default irvine 39?

You're kidding right? I'm not sure the airframe would hold together. You have to be able to see these things to fly'em. But you have aroused my curiosity...
I can believe they could get a .32 into a .25 crankcase but you'd have a hard time convincing me that they could get a .39 size into a .25 crankcase. Basically that is what you are telling me. I'll go to their site and see if what you say holds true...
Do you have one for sale? Because I'm starting to have testosterone overload and am actually considering it.
MORE POWER!!! UGH...UGH...UGH!!!
Old 05-14-2003, 04:29 AM
bear9236
My Feedback: (1)

I have a Sunrise with a Big Mig .25 and micro servos and the plane is borderline on wing loading . This engine has plenty of power what am i saying, too much power for this plane . The plane flies great once in the air . It is very aerobatic and tracks well but it lands very very hot . A couple of more inches on the wing and this bird would be great . It is built strong and will take abuse but be ready to stay on top of it .
I don't think the Norvels have the torque the OS has but it will rap out well . The weight is a main reason it is perfect for this airframe . Good luck with your decision and with the Sunrise .

Barry
Old 05-14-2003, 06:15 PM
ShempHoward
My Feedback: (3)

Where can you buy an Irvine 39 for less than the price of an OS 32SX??

Reportedly both versions (BB and Bushing) of the Norvel 25 have identical power and have been known to be cantankerous as well.
Old 05-14-2003, 06:57 PM
Sportive

Her
Old 05-21-2003, 07:49 PM
IXLR8
My Feedback: (55)

Default Irvine 39

I think this will answer the Irvine .39 question9better late than never I guess). It works out to about $100 plus shipping. I don't personally own one or have one for sale but it looks good and the Irvine line seems to get good reviews. I recently purchased the 53 from them and was very happy with the service.

http://www.justengines.unseen.org/irvine36.htm