Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Saitio 130T vs OS 120 Gemini Twin Mounting Dimensions

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Saitio 130T vs OS 120 Gemini Twin Mounting Dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 06:15 PM
fenderjw
My Feedback: (83)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saitio 130T vs OS 120 Gemini Twin Mounting Dimensions

I just received an OS Gemini twin that I was going to put on a plane that belonged to a recently deceased club member. (I bought it from his estate). The plane is BEAUTIFUL, and I dont want to go into the firewall to change the mounting holes. His fabrication skills were much more advanced than my own and I cant bear to cut into the fuse to get to the back of the firewall.

I knew that he had an OS 120 twin on it, but I didnt know that there were mounting dimension differences between the original Gemini 120 twin and the newer Gemini II 120. Just my luck, he had the newer version on the plane and the mounting plate is off by just enough to require that the blind nuts be moved.

My question is this: How do the mounting dimensios of the Saito 130T compare to those of the newer Gemini II (or the OS 160 Gemini twin)? Anyone own both and willing to provide the dimensios for the Saito? I have one of these being repaired by Horizon and I dont honestly remember the measurements between the mounting holes. I dont want to shop for a Gemini II (or a Gemini 160) if the Saito might fit without much modification.

Thanks
Jim
Old 06-07-2003, 05:19 AM
slapshot
My Feedback: (15)

Default Saitio 130T vs OS 120 Gemini Twin Mounting Dimensions

Jim,
The 120 Gemini II has the same motor mount as the 160 Gemini. I don't know about the Saito.

John
Old 06-07-2003, 10:17 AM
fenderjw
My Feedback: (83)

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info. Anyone own a Saito 130T and willing to measure the mounting plate for me?

Thanks
Jim