O.S FS120 SURPASS I - Pump

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 12:04 AM
loukos
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default O.S FS120 SURPASS I - Pump

Gents,

Through my own dumbness, i broke the flywheel of the crankcase pump in my old os fs 120 surpass I whilst cleaning it. Does any one have a new backplate with the pump or a used backplate and pump they would be willing to sell?

The pump, which i cannot find the code for[] is the one with a large brass screw in the middle, any othe pupmp will not be compatible with the carb and crankshaft.

Thanks

Loukis
Old 10-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Ken6PPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: O.S FS120 SURPASS I - Pump

If you can't find the part for your pump, you might try a Perry Pump. The Surpass I is supposedly more compatible with an external pump than the II or the III. Note that I have NOT done this personally. I only took note of an older post that stated that, because I have an OS 120 Surpass I with a pump. When (not IF) my pump goes out, I plan to try this myself.

Good Luck, and let us know what happens if you try this!
Old 10-07-2009, 07:13 AM
loukos
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ken

I have a perry pump, dont know how well it will work with the carburetor on the engine. The fuel regulator on this engine was in the pump.

I would like to replace with the original pump. I may have found one...still waiting to see if it will be posted.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Iflyglow
My Feedback: (79)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Convert it to a non-pump 1.20. You will need a Carb, intake, Back Cover, and simple mod to the crank to remove the little pin from the Crank pin that used to drive the pump.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Ken6PPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you already have a Perry pump, what do you have to lose by trying it to see how it would work? Then you could tell the rest of us...