RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Glow Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/glow-engines-114/)
-   -   OS95 four stroke, anybody seen one? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/glow-engines-114/10538069-os95-four-stroke-anybody-seen-one.html)

donkey doctor 05-24-2011 08:33 AM

OS95 four stroke, anybody seen one?

Hello ; I have been admiring OS, engine ads, and I need a 90 to 115 size engine for my 90 Funtana. I had an os surpass 91 that I flew for nearly 6 years in one plane or another. It some how bent the push rods (maybe over revved a tiny bit)
After I straightened the pushrods it ran pretty good, but after about 6 tanks full it would somehow bend the pushrods again. I sold that engine because it looked perfect on hte outside, but kept bending those rods.

I wonder if OS changed the valve operating system because of the same problem I had, and that that was the best way of dealing with it.

anyhow; I'd like to hear something about that engine.

krayzc-RCU 05-24-2011 08:53 AM

RE: OS95 four stroke, anybody seen one?

i have 3=os and they all run great

gerryndennis 05-25-2011 12:50 AM

Let me get this straight, you palmed of an engine with a known fault to some poor sucker and now you want the good people here at RCU to help you out with an opinion about another engine?

I have an opinion all right.

donkey doctor 05-27-2011 12:58 PM

Hello; I showed him the rods before I let him take the engine home. What would make you think I Palmed a duff engine off on someone?

Do you know me?

donkey doctor 06-02-2011 10:07 AM

Hello; I ordered that OS 95 last night, theres a postal strike hanging in the air, otherwise I'll have it in two days.
I thought it might have a one piece barrel/head, but the pictures on the OS web page show a seperate head,

NM2K 06-02-2011 09:42 PM

ORIGINAL: donkey doctor

Hello ; I have been admiring OS, engine ads, and I need a 90 to 115 size engine for my 90 Funtana. I had an os surpass 91 that I flew for nearly 6 years in one plane or another. It some how bent the push rods (maybe over revved a tiny bit)
After I straightened the pushrods it ran pretty good, but after about 6 tanks full it would somehow bend the pushrods again. I sold that engine because it looked perfect on hte outside, but kept bending those rods.

I wonder if OS changed the valve operating system because of the same problem I had, and that that was the best way of dealing with it.

anyhow; I'd like to hear something about that engine.

I remember hearing/reading something about a bad batch of pushrods from a major four-stroke manufacturer. Just replace them with new ones and the problem should disappear. The US distributor wants way too much for the OS AX series of engines for me to buy any of them. I can understand inflation, devaluation of the dollar, etc. This is just plain gouging. I refuse to support it. My Saitos and Chinese four-strokes are all running just fine.

Ed Cregger

NM2K 06-02-2011 09:44 PM

When the engine requires decarbonization, the last thing you will want is a one piece jug assembly. Just ask the Saito techs.

Ed Cregger