RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Glow Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/glow-engines-114/)
-   -   OS surpass ll-lll? 120 with pump (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/glow-engines-114/5878434-os-surpass-ll-lll-120-pump.html)

Wulf 05-20-2007 01:55 PM

OS surpass ll-lll? 120 with pump

1 Attachment(s)
Anybody out there know where I can get parts for the regulator on the subject engine? -The diaphram housing on the used engine I bought has a chip out of it and I`m affraid it`s leaking air.Tower only sells the regulator cover and not the diaphram housing itself.I`d appreciate some help-
thanks Ron

w8ye 05-20-2007 01:58 PM

RE: OS surpass ll-lll? 120 with pump

This appears to be the current production model

You have to buy the carb body for $62

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCE15&P=Z

It beats buying the whole carb for $105

That's the problem with the OS pumped engines. "If you are going to listen to the music, you are going to have to pay the piper"

Wulf 05-20-2007 02:03 PM

OK thanks ,but Tower does not list a replacement diaphram housing.They only offer the regulator cover-guess I`m out of luck unless someone has parts from a wreck,possibly.

w8ye 05-20-2007 02:26 PM

There's an adjustment in that portion of the regulator that someone at Tower has determined that you are not capable of adjusting properly. Therefore they sell the regulator cover-diaphragm-carburetor body as and assembly that is already adjusted.

jimcork1 05-20-2007 02:54 PM

ORIGINAL: w8ye

That's the problem with the OS pumped engines. "If you are going to listen to the music, you are going to have to pay the piper"
Exactly why I quit buying OS pump motors. Now I only buy Saito. Jim

Wulf 05-20-2007 03:18 PM

I`m sorry I only read the top part of your reply and did`nt go to link-My error-62 bucks not cheep .Does this engine have alot of problems with cracked or chipped regulator parts?

Wulf 05-20-2007 03:24 PM

Seems like a scam,there are no parts to adjust inside.Theres only a spring, diaphram and cover,whats to adjust except maybe ones wallet-dahhh!

w8ye 05-20-2007 08:16 PM

The engines are normally very trouble free for many years

Wulf 05-21-2007 06:36 AM

I agree w8ye---OS engines are great engines.I have no less then 7 of them and they are all excellent engines.This particular engine I bought used and noticed this problem after I recieved it in the mail-I guess I`ll just have to bite the bullet and get a new carb body,It will be worth it as the engine is excellent except for the chipped diaphram housing.
Just one more question ,does anyone know how this engine would act differently from one with an unchipped housing?Looks to me that air pressure entering from chipped area would act on diaphrams same side as air vent is on,maybe it don`t even make a difference on how the engine runs.
Other then that-Thanks for the info and help-Ron

w8ye 05-21-2007 06:40 AM

If the chip is on the vent side of the diaphragm it wouldn't make any difference how the regulator works.

You can put a little silicone RTV sealer over the place and see for yourself?

Wulf 05-21-2007 06:58 AM

Price of new regulator, Tower is $102-I think I`ll try the sealer-
Thanks

w8ye 05-21-2007 07:11 AM

I've bought a couple engines over the internet that had crash damage to the rear of the engine caused by a battery most likely.

Wulf 05-21-2007 09:08 AM

I took another look at Housing and it`s chipped on the opposite side of vent(bummer)-So I made a new lipon damaged housing from JB Weld.I used nylon insert.730 dia for insde and tape for the outside of makeshife mold.Used silicone release on insert-Looks like it may work-It`s worth a try.I`ll send a photo later-
fingers crossed Ron