Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Museum Quality SE5 a

Old 07-30-2003, 12:12 PM
BQuartucy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Museum Quality SE5 a

SE 5a Museum Quality R/C Model
Complete with Futaba Radio and Saito 4 stroke engine. The model took 3 years to construct and every scale detail has been duplicated. The dual functional exhaust is ducted through the dummy engine through 8 exhaust stacks,to the diverter tubes on either side of the cockpit. There are no pushrods in the aircraft all the controls are cable operated and move the correct control stick in the cockpit.
The aircraft won best of show at the IMS show in pasadena and 1st place at the Byron Show the last year it was held.
The aircraft was featured in an article in Scale R/C Modeler and to quote the Writer "This aircraft is the best museum quality this reporter has ever seen.......This plane would win best of show even if the 'show' were held at the Smithsonian Institute". The aircraft is unflown and in mint+ condition.
If you are interested the asking price is $3500, you may contact me at [email protected] for pictures via Email.
Old 08-13-2003, 03:03 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default SE5a

Just something to consider if you haven't already done so. In the event that no one purchases your plane you could donate it to a state or the NASM or similar museum. By doing so you would be able to deduct the valued amount from your taxes. I have a Duncan Hutson SE5a which is about 50% finished. I'll bet yours looks great.. ! Regards BobH.
Old 08-14-2003, 03:31 PM
Mike Denest
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SE5a

To BobH,

I acquired a Duncan Hutson Moth recently (unflown as of yet) and was curious about the tail attachment. I have to refer back to the plans but since this model has not been flown, I thought I would rework the tail for a removable horizontal and vertical stab. This is a big model and I thought it would make transportation easier. Have you had any thoughts in that direction? Also, what do you plan to use for power?