Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Sterling Models

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 09:32 AM
Gfinn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cant get to the link
Originally Posted by Mike Denest
This is great! There was a Google club a few years ago that had a good bit of information. I hope it was saved so it can be included in the new site.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:07 AM
masteromodels
My Feedback: (11)

Are you any relation to a Joe Denest . I use to be friends with Joe and he belonged to the Lums Pond Club in Delaware and he use to restore PT-19's
Old 11-10-2019, 04:48 PM
50+AirYears

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Just a kind of reminder for people looking for old plans, the AMA Plans library has purchased a NUMBER of older sources, and has most of those available. In fact, a few years ago, I DId get a set of plans for the Sterling Fledgeling, for which I happen to have an old Wings foam core.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:06 AM
Michaelj2k

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by masteromodels
Are you any relation to a Joe Denest . I use to be friends with Joe and he belonged to the Lums Pond Club in Delaware and he use to restore PT-19's
That's my dad. What's your name?
Old 11-15-2019, 08:53 PM
50+AirYears

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Just thinking this over, and I seem to recall an article on Sterling back in an American Modeler magazine, or one of the other Air Trails antecedents, that Sterling got a lot of their balsa from a factory that made life rafts for the Navy. He got the rejects, that kind of explains a lot of the almost oak hard heavy balsa wood their kits had. And maybe some of the splintery 3-ply plywood. BTW, I STILL have around 30 Sterling-Sterling Estes flyables and kits! Many of the later kits actually had some decent balsa and die cutting!
Old 04-07-2021, 10:07 AM
AnthonyT71

Default Sterling Models

I was given an old kit to put together but would like to know what it is worth before I proceed. It is the "s" series Hornet from 1970, Kit S-23. Does anyone have any ideas as to its worth? All info is appreciated.
Old 06-28-2022, 09:24 AM
parkham

Hi I have an old Sterling full house profile arf messerschmidt me 109 55 in ws nib and cant find anything about it online anywhere ,if its a rare arf/kit I might not build it does anyone have any info on it thanks