Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Unknown Bi-plane

Old 08-10-2003, 02:15 AM
Landsh4rk
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unknown Bi-plane

I also have a bi-plane that was given to me buy a friend that found it in the garbage.It has red wings and a white fuse,on the top wing it has a decal (4-40)and on the vertical stab has one that says (Ace-RC).Can someone tell me any info on what brand this plane is,and if they have plans for it?
Thanks again for your help.Luis
Old 08-10-2003, 01:05 PM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Unknown Bi-plane

There were several similar designs in this series as produced by Ace R/C of Higginsville Mo. Beginning in the early 1980's it consisted of the 4-20, 4-40, 4-60, 4-120 to the 4-40 bipe. They were marketed as being from Cap'n Eddy's Sport Squadron. The bipe was designed by D.B. Mathews has a span of about 48" on top and 43" below and has a semi-symetrical wing section. It is set up for a .35 glow engine and four channel radio equipment and used to retail about $75.

Wm.