Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Who remembers Big John Eliot?

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Who remembers Big John Eliot?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 09:55 AM
jaymen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who remembers Big John Eliot?

Big John, my dear friend and co-worker at Cox, and world of Robots, passed in 2011, and I still miss him. Was wondering if anyone here remembers John, and is willing to share some stories about him with the rest of us.

For those who do not know who he was, Big John worked at Controlaire/World Engines, Orbit, Cox, and Airtronics, and was a regular fixture at the monthly Scale Squadron meetings held here in Orange County Calif. He is survived by his wife Gretta in Huntington Beach Ca.

Jay Mendoza
Old 05-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Frank Schwartz
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Who remembers Big John Eliot?

Yes, I remember him. I either met him at one of the Nationals, or at World Engines. Memory fades with age....however I remember he was a very nice fellow.
Was he a friend of Jan Sakert?

Frank Schwartz
Old 05-11-2013, 01:52 PM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

I remember Big John too. Even though we were competitors in business he couldn't have been more helpful to me when I was getting started in the radio production.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:05 PM
Jeff Foley
My Feedback: (45)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember him well from several Scale Masters Championships I attended. Very nice guy. He and Harris Lee picked me up at the airport once and it was raining like crazy. I jokingly told them that I thought it never rained in Southern California....Big John just smiled and said "Wait til tomorrow....the weather will be *****in!"
Old 05-19-2013, 03:33 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, I remember him when he worked at Airtronics and I was doing a Product Review for RCM and he guided me through which servos to use (and where they should be used)...He was a very nice gentleman and was very friendly. I was just thinking of him about a week ago when I was looking at my RV-4 from GP (the kit) and it still has those servos in it. Sorry to hear of his passing.