Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Super Buccaneer - what power?

Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Super Buccaneer - what power?

Old 09-28-2014, 02:02 PM
P. Winters
My Feedback: (243)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Buccaneer - what power?

Guys,

I've recently acquired a partially built Berkley Super Buccaneer. I want to power this with a 4-stroke engine (for that great sound!), but I'm not sure what size to use. The wingspan is about 102". There isn't much room on the hardwood engine mounting rails -- I think because it was designed for an older 2-stroke. I'm wondering if a .52 4-stroke would fly it OK . (That one fits nicely.) Any advice?

Thanks much,

Patrick
Old 09-29-2014, 06:53 AM
otrcman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Patrick,

If the Buccaneer is built lightly enough, then the 52 should be adequate power. One of the fellows who I fly with has a 96" Lanzo Bomber which weighs around 5 1/2 lbs and it flies very well with a 52 four stroke. I believe it's a Magnum.

Dick
Old 09-29-2014, 07:01 AM
P. Winters
My Feedback: (243)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Dick! I appreciate it!