Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Help with identification--old equipment

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Help with identification--old equipment

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 12:58 PM
kcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help with identification--old equipment

I recently acquired a box of old equipment, and was able to identify most of what was there. The attached picture shows the items I don't have any info about.
The bottom left item is some type of receiver with another circuit and a switch harness attached to it.
The bottom middle is a metal case silver servo which is some type of galloping ghost (maybe?).
The bottom right is a metal case blue servo which might be an O.S. of some type, based on the color.
The top units are spring-loaded servos attached to a receiver and switch. The servo on the left has a black lower case, the other two have a red lower case.
Not pictured is a Hinode R-250 receiver which was labeled, but I don't know anything about it. Can anyone help me identify this stuff or add any info? Jay--I know you probably recognize this stuff in your sleep.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Radio parts.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	2038912  
Old 10-11-2014, 01:29 PM
crigotti
My Feedback: (3)

Looks like a Controlaire receiver with a LR-3 actuator on the left with a switcher. The other 2 actuators are also Rand products and are part of a "Hi Rate" system.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:17 PM
iflyj3
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kcc
I recently acquired a box of old equipment, and was able to identify most of what was there. The attached picture shows the items I don't have any info about.
The bottom left item is some type of receiver with another circuit and a switch harness attached to it.
The bottom middle is a metal case silver servo which is some type of galloping ghost (maybe?).
The bottom right is a metal case blue servo which might be an O.S. of some type, based on the color.
The top units are spring-loaded servos attached to a receiver and switch. The servo on the left has a black lower case, the other two have a red lower case.
Not pictured is a Hinode R-250 receiver which was labeled, but I don't know anything about it. Can anyone help me identify this stuff or add any info? Jay--I know you probably recognize this stuff in your sleep.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin
The bottom left is a super regenerative receiver. It could be anyone of several manufacturers, like Controlaire, ACE or Kraft.

The blue box is a Royal motorized escapement. They made a blue one for rudder and a red one for throttle.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:54 PM
tommav

Receiver on the left by the switch is a Controlaire "5".

Tom
Old 10-24-2014, 07:33 PM
kcc

Thanks for the feedback! Much of the "stuff" was in original boxes-even I can figure that out.��
Old 10-25-2014, 04:21 AM
tommav

Forgot to mention earlier that the small circuit with a single transistor and a few resistors is an electronic switch or amplifier of sorts. These were usually home built and used with relayless receivers to provide extra power for driving escapements, particularly when an assist was needed to overcome the increased friction of a fully wound rubber band. It allowed for a separate escapement battery to be used, as done with a relay receiver. If the transistor was of the type to handle the current, a motor driven servo could be used with the relayless receiver. So basically, it turns a relayless receiver in a relay receiver.
Tom
Old 11-06-2014, 04:12 PM
jaymen

Black based LR-3 is early 2.4 volt non-switcher version for relay type receivers, can be upgraded with a switcher.
Rand Dual Pak appears to be mated to the F&M Vanguard superhet receiver below it. Vanguards had a case, and there was a Pioneer superhet version that was similar and had no case.

Controlaire 5 super-regen has an Ace Add-on-Switcher (AOS) for driving an Adams magnetic actuator.

If you want to have the stuff repaired, serviced, or want to swap for other vintage R/C gear, contact me.

Jay 949 699 0439
Old 11-12-2014, 04:35 PM
ggeezer

Kevin,
The receiver on the left is a Controlaire 5
The one on the right is definitely a F&M Pioneer superhet. I've owned quite a few and still have two of them that I use for Escapement and GG flying.

Orv.

Last edited by ggeezer; 11-13-2014 at 08:27 AM.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:00 PM
kcc

Orv,

Thanks for your help. I remember going out to fly with my dad and seeing a few GG systems, though I've never flown one. I have enough "stuff" to put one together now-I may have to try it.��
Take care,
Kevin
Old 03-15-2016, 11:20 AM
CookingDuke

Default Motor Identification

Hi all,
new member, first post, thank you all ahead of time for your knowledge and experience.

I need help identifying the motor in my boat to find a manifold and tuned pipe to fit. I don't how to attach a picture.

The photo is uploaded to my gallery.

The motor is for my 46" dumas enforcer, deep v. haven't run it yet. I recently acquired the boat and getting it ready to run. thanks again.

Last edited by CookingDuke; 03-16-2016 at 05:55 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:18 PM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

Cooking-
Welcome to RCU. Keep in mind there are many different areas of interest and expertise here and this category is probably not the best place.
Go here and try re-posting:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-229/
Old 03-16-2016, 03:07 PM
jaymen

Looka like an old Roper engine to me, or maybe a Robin, not sure.