Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Chris Olsen's Uproar. The Renaissance of an Early British Aerobatic Model.

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Chris Olsen's Uproar. The Renaissance of an Early British Aerobatic Model.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 06:21 AM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Telemaster Sales UK
The Uproar has had its maiden flight. It was a disaster. I had some how built the tailplane with too much positive incidence, i.e. the leading edge was much higher than the trailing edge and it was uncontrollable. I managed to set it down with no damage other than a broken prop and ripped off undercarriage. The plan was consulted. Open heart surgery is required to the rear end followed by three dimensional jig-saw puzzling!

I'll get it right.
I'm happy that both you and the plane survived to fly another day - and besides, what's a little open heart surgery here or there to a guy that restores/recreates old venerated designs anyway?! Shoot, a little bit of cutting and pasting and she'll be back in the air again.

Seems that maybe a nice pint of Guinness would help with settling the nerves though.

Press on! All will work out just fine.