Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Kraft Tx Output Meter

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 04:21 AM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jaye,
My quote was 1st Class in Us. I didn't know you are in Canada
Old 03-23-2016, 06:09 AM
jayel7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sent you a pm
John

Originally Posted by ggeezer
Hi John,
I removed the meter from the case and upon examination found that the 40 year old plastic was showing its age. There are internal stress cracks along the top ridge, but these are only noticeable when the light is just right. There is also a small surface crack at one corner which could be fixed with some thin CA (see photo).

It is possible that Sid's may not have these flaws... otherwise the meter works and measures fairly accurately.

I became interested in your restoration project since I too have a restored and working Kraft KP-6B

Orv.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:19 PM
jayel7

Got one from ggeezer, thanks Orv.
Thanks to everyone for the help, appreciate it!
John
Old 04-03-2016, 04:12 PM
elay

I have at least a dozen meters pulled from used and new Kraft transmitters.
Also have meters and other parts from EK radios.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:54 PM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

A replacement meter for Kraft. As suggested by jaymen, this is a soviet manufactured VU meter available on an auction site. Search for M476/1. Note that this is a 200 microamp meter, so some current adjustment will be needed.
A 3D printed adaptor plate is used here and files to reproduce it are on thingiverse.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:38...T2Np2cfYjdNHhY

Last edited by grotto2; 09-05-2019 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:51 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I flew transmitters for decades that all used these cheap meters. I can't say that I ever once paid attention to any of these meters other than to see if they wiggled when I turned the transmitter on. At best, most were just a relative indication that the transmitter had some RF output .... some measured battery voltage and some a combination of both. Now these days we want a perfect one on the transmitters in our collection and I'm no exception.