Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Vintage glider thread

Old 03-21-2016, 11:51 AM
SpeedsterDEN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vintage glider thread

Vintage glider thread

Starting with my collection of old Graupner gliders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NefwdYqqZdM
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1716.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	2153483   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3689.JPG
Views:	2946
Size:	4.43 MB
ID:	2153484   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3663.JPG
Views:	4768
Size:	3.37 MB
ID:	2153486   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4694.JPG
Views:	2034
Size:	4.99 MB
ID:	2153488   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1734.JPG
Views:	1324
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	2153489   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3692.JPG
Views:	2319
Size:	4.14 MB
ID:	2153493  
Old 03-22-2016, 10:24 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow thanks for the pics. I built one of the Graupner Foka's back in 1967 on my footlocker while serving in the US Army at a little German town called Georpingen. My unit operated and maintained a US army airfield that was a former WW11 german base.

Since there was no sunday army traffic I was able to secure permission for a small group of US service men to use the field for controlline and RC stuff. Soon were also were able to invite the local german nationals to join us.

Heard from a soldier that served there ten years after I left that the joint US/German model club was still operating and still using the field on Sundays.

I flew my Foka using a hi start and a simple german radio that I simply cannot remember the name but it was a stackable module type that you could add channels via plug in modules to the receiver.

John
Old 03-22-2016, 11:54 AM
SpeedsterDEN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnBuckner View Post
Wow thanks for the pics. I built one of the Graupner Foka's back in 1967 on my footlocker while serving in the US Army at a little German town called Georpingen. My unit operated and maintained a US army airfield that was a former WW11 german base.

Since there was no sunday army traffic I was able to secure permission for a small group of US service men to use the field for controlline and RC stuff. Soon were also were able to invite the local german nationals to join us.

Heard from a soldier that served there ten years after I left that the joint US/German model club was still operating and still using the field on Sundays.

I flew my Foka using a hi start and a simple german radio that I simply cannot remember the name but it was a stackable module type that you could add channels via plug in modules to the receiver.

John
Cool, I have worked in the Danish airforce for 40 years
And the last 9 years at a aircraft maintenance shop, where we repair F16, C130, Cl 604+ EH101 and Lynx heli.

More Foka:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RATjdTEhXb8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfoN0Jy2vkk Cheers
Soren